Tuesday, July 2, 2013

YOU KNOW IT'S SUMMER WHEN...

Rain, rain, rain.  It has rained every day for over a week.  I am getting so tired of it. It is supposed to rain again tomorrow, but then get sunny and hot for Thursday.  I am looking forward to the sun, but not the heat.  I guess there's just no pleasing me.

You know it's summer when we had our last Tuesday morning Bible study of the season today.  I get a little break from my 12-hour days.  I love teaching the Bible study, but I sure am tired by the time I get out of work at 8 p.m. on Tuesday night.  We finished the book of Ruth today.  I don't know what we are going to do next, but everyone seems to want to do Esther, so maybe that is where we are going to go.  Like I told them, we have 66 books to choose from and they are all good!

It was a wild day at work today.  You know it's summer when we usually have about 300 people in and today it was around 800!  We were making new library cards right and left.  I gave our part-timer Marquita 12 to do in one hour!  Thank goodness she was able to be there the whole day today.  I don't know how I could have gotten along without her.  She did a lot of my shelving too because I just didn't have time!

We had folks from the Philadelphia Museum of Art come today for a presentation to the kids.  I was so busy I didn't even see the program, let alone take pictures.  Like I said, it was wild!

At least I had an easy dinner -- meat loaf and sauteed summer squash.  It was good.

So now it's time to call it a day and get myself together for tomorrow.  Good night, everyone.

4 comments:

  1. No rain in Texas! But surprisingly NOT super HOT this week either!
    I used to volunteer at our local library many years ago. Reading your post reminded me I haven't even BEEN to the library in a very long time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely been raining here too. Not a total washout rain, just a shower about every single afternoon.

    WOW- 800 people is a LOT of people. Glad you had some help.

    Enjoy your 4th Friend- Any plans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, if you can package the rain Id pay you for it!!! We need it so desperately please pray for rain for us. you just reminded me. I need to return a library book. over due..

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've been having quite hot temps. Tues we sold all of our window a/c units but one. Today I don't think we sold many. We've had our share of rain though. We were busy at the hardware store today as well which made the day go faster>no work for me til next week! Happy 4th of July to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.