Friday, November 11, 2011

VETERANS DAY

Happy Veterans Day.  Did you remember to thank a veteran?  Here are some of my favorite veterans.  Besides my brothers David (Army), Michael (Navy) and Joseph (Coast Guard), there are:

My dad, Hank Shuster (Marines):

Circa 1950

My step-dad, Ed Miller (Navy):

Circa 1973
 My step-son, D.J. (Army) and my father-in-law, Joe, Sr. (Marines):

May 2011
 And my husband, Joe, Jr. (Marines):

This picture was taken at dinner tonight.  We went to Applebee's where Joe got a free dinner for being a veteran.  It was very, VERY crowded.  I felt as if I were in boot camp or something, there were so many men in khakis, camouflage and wearing dog tags and military jackets.  I had to pay for my meal, but my sister had given us a gift card for our anniversary, so technically my meal was on her.

I spent most of today at the hospital.  Today was the day I had my Zometa infusion and my mammogram.  My favorite nurse, Dawn, was the one to give me the infusion.  She is so good I never even felt the needle going in.  And she found the vein the first try.  I got nauseous on the medicine though (as usual) and was pretty "green" when I got to the x-ray department.  When I got home I laid down and slept for awhile before we went out to dinner.  Needless to say, I couldn't eat the whole meal, but now I have lunch for tomorrow!

For my Friday View this week I thought I would show you the hospital campus.  It is a big place with lots of beautiful landscaping.  The trees are all turning colors and it was very pretty.







I'm still not 100% so I am going to bed.  By tomorrow morning I will be fine.  And it's the last farm day of the season, so I have to get up early to get there before everything is picked over.  Be looking for a picture of the haul tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better today (Sat.).
    I don't know what Zometa is and I'm going to look it up after my comment.

    Thank you for the complement you left on my blog and yes, come for dinner! That what we usually serve for Thanksgiving.

    Enjoy the Market!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special celebration you had with the Veteran's in your life. We surely don't thank them enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciated your Veterans Day post. My father was Navy & stepbrother Larry was Marines. Our service people deserve recognition & out thanks. I am glad that they were treated in a lot of restaurants & stores.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.