Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Married to a Preacher Man

This morning Joe was the guest speaker at church.  Pastor Justin and his family have been in Tennessee for Thanksgiving and were traveling back home today.  Since we had no musicians either, one of the guitarists from Wallingford BFC came to play for us and be worship leader.  I was in charge of all the technical set up.  I had trouble getting the video camera to stay on the tripod and I forgot what I had to do to zoom in, so I had to set up and sit on the front row to tape the service.  But other than that things went well.

Joe was a little nervous about giving the message.  He had just finished it up the night before.  I did all the typing for him and we went over it again and again.  When he read it the first time it lasted only 11 minutes.  I told him some people would like it that short, but he had to add on.  When he finally gave the message today it was 30 minutes long -- perfect.  It was based on Matthew 6:25-34 and was all about how we worry about things instead of trusting that God knows what's best for us.  When it goes up on our website this week I will give you the link.

Because Joe had been sick yesterday and had the message this morning we postponed people coming over for dinner until Friday.  That is so much better.  I know for sure the turkey will be thawed out by then.  And I have 5 more days to clean up.  When I say my house is a mess I am not kidding.  I have some Christmas up, some Thanksgiving up, and I just found the jack-o-lantern is still hanging around from Halloween.  Christmas!  Think Christmas and put the other stuff away!!

I'm making dinner now.  I'm making pork roast with tomato couscous.  It's smelling really good.  I think I'll go see if it's ready.  Yum.

3 comments:

  1. Good for Joe!
    A lot on your plate but you trusted God.
    I'd say that was practicing what you preach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Joe is feeling better and he did his sermon.

    About the decorations just tell people it's a house of all seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy,

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and posting regarding the point of following GOD since he has it all figured out.

    God bless you, and I hope to drop in again. Viola from along a widowed road blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.