Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday and The Class of 1971

Well I did what I swore I'd never do.  I went shopping on Black Friday.  Last night I told Elaine what I wanted to get Joe for Christmas and she showed me an ad for it on sale.  But for Friday only.  It was at Wal-Mart.  I didn't feel like driving all the way there, so I tried to find the same deal online.  No luck.   I ended up going to Target where I found a similar item for $50 more.  So I got it.  Along with another gift for him and one for Elaine and mauve and silver ornaments for my tree.  I also got a really pretty peasant top which I ended up wearing tonight.

I was surprised because Target was really empty.  I don't know if everyone had been there at 6:00 a.m. or if the economy is really bad.  But I was able to park close to the door and there was no one in line when I was checking out.

Tonight was my high school class reunion.  I was undecided whether to go or not, but decided I would and bought the tickets for Joe and me.  I am so glad I went because I had the best time ever.  I saw so many of my old friends, some of whom I had started first grade with.  There were seven of us from that time and we all got our picture taken together.
Who would have guessed that we would still be friends 52 years later?  We exchanged phone numbers and we are going to get together for a nice dinner really soon.

The food was wonderful!  The entertainment was fun!  The company was great!  I even met a guy that went to Sunday School with me when I was 3 years old!  He remembered me even though I didn't remember him at all.   Even Joe had a good time.  Two of my friends live a couple of blocks from us (one to the east and the other to the west) and because he sees them in the neighborhood, he knows them.  So he was talking to them for awhile.

It is very, very late.  I didn't get any cleaning done and I MUST do it tomorrow since there will be company for dinner on Sunday.  I'll get a little bit of sleep and then work hard the rest of the day.

4 comments:

  1. Great going at Target! That's a case of being blessed.

    Isn't it remarkable who remembers us & who we remember? It truly is a small world!

    The top looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when everything works together?
    Target and the Reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shew, the economy sure wasn't lacking my area. I did an all nighter on Black Friday & there was millions of people out. I definitely won't be doing that again. At least that is what I'm saying now!

    Looks like such a good time at the reunion. Glad you all decided to go. It's nice to meet up with old friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.