Tuesday, November 22, 2011

TOO MUCH TO DO, TOO LITTLE TIME

Isn't that the way life goes, folks?  There is always too much to do to fit into the 24 hours of my day.  Especially if I want to sleep.  And it gets even more so as the holidays approach.

It was pouring rain all day today.  I guess that's why there were so few people in the library.  It was very quiet.  At one point in the early afternoon there was an hour where there was NO ONE but staff in the building.  I was sitting at the front desk thinking of all the things I could be doing at home.  I have to stop doing that because it is very frustrating!

Right now I am waiting for a load of wash to be done so I can go to bed.  I have a big to-do list that I haven't even touched.  But I am so very tired.  Ever since my illness last year I just don't have the stamina I once did. 

At least I have just one more day of work and then have a four day weekend.  Even though I have things to do, I am so looking forward to it.  After that I have off just four days before Christmas.  I am doing a lot of overtime.  I can sure use the money, but it comes at just the worst possible time of year.

I still have pumpkin pies to make, but since my company isn't coming till Sunday and I will be at my sister's with her pumpkin pie, I am going to wait until Saturday for that.  

We got our free turkey at Shop Rite last night.  It weighs 20 lbs.  Since I neither like nor eat turkey, it's a good thing my friends are coming over for a turkey dinner.

I'm going to go for tonight.  Hopefully you will hear from me tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Your post reminded me we have a coupon for a free turkey! Guess we will go to the store later this morning and get it! We will be at my sister's tomorrow and we already have a ham LD cooked while I was away. Plus my neighbor brought us a big bag of smoked turkey before they left town. Her husband does a trial run before they leave as he cooks the turkey when they arrive. Good for US!!

    Pace yourself........and enjoy your 4 days off!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.