Friday, November 18, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS

It has been a busy few days and the weekend is going to be even busier.  Yesterday Joe had his neurology appointment at the VA Hospital.  I had made the appointment for 8:30 a.m. knowing I leave for work at 11:30.  I figured that would be enough time.  But just to make sure I told my boss that I would be a couple of hours late.

We got to the VA just before 8:30.  I dropped Joe off and went looking for parking -- almost an impossibility in the very small lot.  I found one pretty quickly and met him in the Neurology waiting room.  It's called a waiting room for a very good reason.  We waited.  And waited.  We thought we were the first appointment, but two other people were called in before Joe.  We were just about to leave when we were called in at 10:30!  Then he had to have blood work done.  Another 45 minute wait in a very crowded blood lab.  There were 18 people ahead of us.

We finally left and went home for lunch.  Then I went to work and worked the rest of the day.  It was my late day so I didn't get home until 8:30 p.m.  A very long day for me.  I was so tired that Joe called out and got Chinese food (Moo Goo Gai Pan -- yum) for dinner.  I went to bed at 10:30 p.m. (early for me) and went right to sleep.  I slept until 7:30 this morning.

Today was my Friday at the Fishtown Branch.  I was the only Library Assistant there until Tracy came in at 2:00 p.m.   It really isn't hard being the only one there.  I think I waited on 10 people all day.  But I got a lot of reading done.

I'm very tired, so I'm going to get off of here and go to bed.  But first I want to show you this week's Friday view.  I am taking you on my ride home from work at the Richmond Branch.  These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago before the time change.  Now it is pitch black when I get out of work at 5:00 p.m.


Leaving the building.  The sun is starting to set and the cars have their lights on.  It is a peaceful ending to a busy day.


One of the beautiful gothic churches I pass on the way home.  The sky is a little darker now.


By the time I am a few blocks from home, the sun has set, the sky is dark and the moon is out.
 Good night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.