Saturday, June 18, 2011

COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE -- WEEK #4

It was farm week again today.  I was really happy this week because we got a lot of things I actually use and don't have to look up recipes for.


There was:
     1 head of butterhead lettuce
     1 bunch of carrots
     1 pint of blueberries
     2 heads of broccoli
     1 organic baby fennel
     1 bunch organic baby onions
     1 lb. English peas
     3 slicing cucumbers
     a slice of Toma Primavera cheese
     1 dozen eggs

I am especially thrilled with the peas.  It is impossible to find peas in the pod anymore and I love peas.  I am having them for dinner tonight.  While watching the TV show "Simply Ming" I saw a recipe for rice with fennel, onions and celery, so I am making that too.  Let's see if we like it.  At least we are adventurous in our veggie eating.

It's so good to get nice organic vegetables all summer long.

I also got another impatience plant for the flower bed and an eggplant plant with a baby white eggplant already growing.  I am a happy girl.

3 comments:

  1. @Marion -- We had the fennel and one of the onions with rice last night. So good! And the peas were out of this world. Like when we were little. Remember shelling peas with me and Elaine for Derdo? Now to find things to do with the blueberries. I don't want them to go bad. I have a recipe for Lemon Blueberry Bread that some of them will go into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks good! You really made a haul this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.