Sunday, June 26, 2011

LEMON BLUEBERRY BREAD

I got up early today and made some Lemon Blueberry Bread with some of the blueberries I got from the farm last week.  Boy, those blueberries have really gone a long way.  I made blueberry pancakes twice and now the bread.  I still have enough left over to do some blueberry muffins later in the week.

I got this recipe from a blog I read by Bevy over at "treasured up and pondered."  She calls herself a "Mennonite Martha Stewart" and I understand why.  She's really into taking care of her house and family and her recipes always turn out great.  So I am passing this one on to you.

Lemon Blueberry Bread
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
3 tblsp. lemon juice (I actually used a bit more -- I love the taste of lemon)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup blueberries, frozen and thawed or fresh
Beat butter, sugar, lemon juice, milk and eggs by hand.  Combine flour, baking powder and salt.  Stir into egg mixtureFold in blueberries.  Pour into greased loaf pan (8" x 4").  Bake at 350* for 60-70 minutes.

Good, good, good.  Thanks for the recipe, Bevy.
Now I've got to run.  Want to work out in my yard a little bit before the rain comes.  And we do need the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.