Monday, June 13, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!


Four years ago today I had surgery for breast cancer.  For the last four years I have been cancer free.  I am thankful to God for every day that He has given to me.

Joe took me out to dinner to celebrate.  We stopped at Target on the way home and I got some new shoes for work.  I tend to wear canvas shoes because I am on my feet a lot and regular sneakers are heavy by the end of the day.  The ones I am wearing now I have had for over a year and they are in sad shape -- starting to go in holes.  Joe said he wanted to buy these for me so that I am comfy and to celebrate my special day. 

It was a terrible day at work.  I almost didn't go in because my knee has been bothering me again.  But good thing I did.  Our part-timer didn't show up and my supervisor's son got sick and she had to go home at lunch time.  One of the librarians was on a vacation day.  So we were really shorthanded.  Of course that was when all the kids in the neighborhood decided that they should come into the library to use the computers.  It was very crowded.  Lots of people returning videos too.  I am very tired, so it's off to bed for me.

6 comments:

  1. One more year and you will be considered cancer free. Congats.
    Your knee is probly hurting becuase it is going to rain tomarrow. Isn't it fun getting older?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marion, my doctor says you are never cancer-free, it is just dormant and you need to keep it that way. He thinks the 5 year mark is misleading. But I'll take anything as I know you will too.

    My knee seems to not have anything to do with the weather. It seems the kneecap slips in and out of place as I use it. The pleasures of old age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four years? Wonderful! It has been ten years for me. Hope your knee is better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! You certainly should celebrate. Praise God! He
    is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful Kathy! 4 years!! I know you are so thankful to God for every wonderful day..that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. Congrats to you too, Cherdecor. God is very good to give me these extra years. I got the cancer right after I got married and didn't expect to see my first anniversary, let alone my fifth coming up this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.