Tuesday, May 24, 2011

OCEAN CITY, NEW JERSEY -- DAY TWO

Today's weather is much better.  Lots of sun and warm.  This morning was a little cool.  We got up around 8:30 a.m. and went downstairs for breakfast.  Guess what.  The sign in the elevator was wrong and the restaurant was not open.  We went into the office and they told us about a little restaurant down the street called "Augie's".  They also own the restaurant where we are but are open year round.  So we headed there.



The people were friendly, the service was good and the food is wonderful.  We are already planning on having breakfast there tomorrow.

Then we went up to the boardwalk and walked the whole length of it (about 1 1/2 miles) and then back. The day got warmer and warmer as we walked.  There was still quite a breeze, although not a strong wind like yesterday.  The water was still really rough though.
 


These pictures were taken from the Children's Pavilion which is my favorite place to take pictures from in Ocean City.  We didn't get this far last night.

What I haven't been saying all this time is that I am walking all this way on a sprained knee.  It is very painful and very swollen.  Fortunately there are tons of benches all along the boardwalk so every block or so I need to sit down.

Joe is very patient and understanding about this.

We finally got to Jilly's Arcade which is our favorite place along the boardwalk.

We played pinball...

...I played Pacman.  Haven't played that in years!

... and my all-time favorite, SkeeBall.

By this time my leg was really hurting me.  I sat down on a bench while Joe checked out another t-shirt store.
 
I saw this building with dragons and a wizard on top.



We were really hungry by now and wanted lunch.  So I looked down from taking the pictures and there was Joe in front of a restaurant beckoning to me.

So that's where we ate.  I had a burger, fries and freshly brewed iced tea that was really good.  I think the sea air makes everything taste good to me.

I wanted to go to the beach, so we made our way back to the motel, changed into our suits, and headed down.  We stayed about 1 1/2 hours, talking, looking at things and slathering ourselves with sunblock.  Last year I got sun poisoning and I did NOT want a repeat of that!  There was a stiff breeze off of the ocean and even though the sun was hot, it was very cool on the sand.  In fact, I put my t-shirt and shorts back on because I got cold.  I took a walk in the ocean and the water was freezing.






So now I am going to figure out what to do for dinner and wake Joe up from his nap.  Tomorrow is our last day here and then it is back home and back to work for Thursday and Friday.  I'll be sad to see this vacation end.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be sad to see your vacation end too ... hahaha; enjoying the beach pics :-)

    ~Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again,I LOVE the pictures! The dragon & wizard were neat. Seeing the
    sand scenes,I could feel the cool sand,breeze across my face.....just
    perfect for 'Be still & know that I am God'. In my opinion, we do not
    stop often enough to appreciate the beauty around us...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.