Sunday, May 22, 2011

BIRTHDAY PARTY

I gave Joe a party for his birthday last night.  It turned out very well.  Seven people showed up which is about all my little house could hold.  I had to work all day, but left an hour early.  My friend, Carole, and her husband, Walt, came over an hour early to help set things up.  The house looked great so all my hard work cleaning up was worth it.

I came home from work at lunchtime to put the ham and roast beef in the crockpots.  When I got home from work I got the rest of the meal together.  I got salads from the local deli and were they ever delicious!  I got potato salad, pasta salad and coleslaw.  I also put out cheese and crackers, three kinds of bread, and lots of choices of beverages.

We told people no gifts, but everyone brought Joe something anyway.  Pastor Wayne and his wife, Phyllis, knew we were going to the shore and gave him a really nice beach towel.  Pastor Justin and his wife, Cherie, gave him a sugar-free Whitman's sampler.  Then he also got some gift cards.  Nice.  One of his favorite gifts was from Carole and Walt who took him out to lunch at Checkers, his favorite fast food place.

Cherie's 21st birthday was on Wednesday, so we got her a gift card, a bouquet of flowers and surprised her with a birthday cake.  So we had a sugar-free cake for Joe and an applesauce cake for Cherie.  She was very surprised.

Here's some pictures from the party.


Joe blowing out the candles on his cake.


And Cherie blowing out the candles on her cake.


Joe enjoying his cake.  Carole is in the background.


Phyllis and Pastor Wayne.
(My mom quilted the pillow in back of them.)


Joe


Pastor Justin and Cherie


2 comments:

  1. Aw, that looks like a nice little party!! So cool that you had a sugar free b day cake for your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice party! I know that Joe had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.