Friday, May 20, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!


Today is my wonderful husband's birthday.  This is a picture of him taken in Ocean City, NJ last September during our anniversary vacation.  You will see more pictures of the shore since we are heading down there for a few days on Monday.

I had off from work today since I am working tomorrow.  We were going to do so much, but instead it ended up a lazy day for Joe while I cleaned the house as much as I could for the birthday party tomorrow night.  It is not as clean as I would like it to be, but it is better than it was.  I have never claimed to be a good housekeeper.  And now that it has gotten out of hand, cleaning up is overwhelming and time consuming.  It doesn't help that my hemoglobin is low which makes me very tired and I sprained my knee this week.  Ouch!

For his gift I had the painting his son gave him last birthday framed.  I also wanted to have something for him to open today so last night I went to Target and bought him a CD he's been wanting.  It's the new one, Paper Airplane, by Alison Krauss and the Union Station.  He absolutely loves it!
 
We went out for dinner.  Joe wanted to go to the local diner, so that's what we did.  We had our favorite waitress, Tanya, as our server.  Joe gave her a gospel of John the first time she waited on us.  She talks to us a lot.  We are praying for her and her family.  She works hard, has little money and lots of problems.

We both got the meatloaf and mashed potatoes.  It came with chicken rice soup which was good.  Fortunately we got there before 6 p.m. so we got the Early Bird special.  For dessert Joe cheated on his diabetes diet and got bread pudding.  He almost never cheats.  He is better at keeping the diet than I would be.  I got a slice of cheesecake.

Joe has said to me that this has been one of his best birthdays.  I'm glad.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOE! You have had a wonderful day. I am going to google Paper Airplane, by Alison Krauss and the Union Station. I've never heard it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.