Saturday, May 7, 2011

DAY OUT

I was very lazy today.  I am just so tired from working seven days straight.  It didn't help that I woke up at 5:30 a.m. with a splitting headache and took some medicine that makes me drowsy.  The only thing I did was put the dishes in the dishwasher and straighten up the kitchen.

Joe and I took his step-mom, Mary Ann,  out to dinner for her birthday this afternoon.  We first went to Red Lobster, but there was a long line out of the door.  So we left and went to The Olive Garden.  Tons of people.  The hostess said it was a 30-40 minute wait.  So we left there too.  We ended up at Benny the Bum's Crabhouse.

It was almost empty.  We got seated right away and the service and food was good.

When we left we went next door to this new bakery.  It was expensive, but the cakes were exquisite.  It was a lot like the TV show "Ace of Cakes" where the cakes look like a hamburger and fries or a Mardi Gras mask.  Mary Ann bought a cake in the shape of a heart covered with strawberries.  I couldn't resist and bought Joe a sugar-free brownie and myself a slice of almond torte.  We are still so full from dinner that they will probably be tomorrow night's dessert.

When we came out of the bakery it was raining.  Joe went to get the car so we wouldn't get wet.  Then Mary Ann asked us to take her to Acme which was in the next block.

It was a huge store.  I mean HUGE!  I have never been in a grocery store that was so large.  But Acme is expensive, so we got only a few things.

When we came out of Acme it was cold and pouring rain.  I had not worn a jacket and was freezing.  But as we were driving Mary Ann home, the sun came out and there was a rainbow from one side of the highway to the other.  What a time to not have my camera.  It was so beautiful!  I have seen pictures of rainbows, but rainbows are rare in our neck of the woods and I had never seen one like this before.  Then it turned into a double rainbow.  It was gorgeous!  It reminded me of God's promise to Noah to never destroy the earth with a flood again and also that God always keeps His promises.

After we dropped her off we went to Walmart to return a tea kettle we bought that doesn't work.  While we were there I told Joe I had to get a jacket because I was so frozen.  I was wearing a light summer top and the temperature had dropped into the low 50s.  Joe saw this pretty black summer jacket that he said looked awesome on me.  It was marked $12.50 so we got it.  When we went to ring it up, it came up as $3.00.  What a bargain!  And I got to wear it home too.

Now I need to get some more sleep and get ready for church tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You really got a wonderful bargain on that jacket! You had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great deal on the jacket!!! sometimes I find those $3 deals at wal mart as well. for some reason your photos are blank in this post. i know blogger is nuts right now...wondering if the photos were of the pretty cakes and your new jacket???????????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.