Friday, June 7, 2019

FLOWERS AND PHOTO CHALLENGE DAY #6 - DOT


Yesterday was an up day for me, so of course today was a down one.  It seems I have one day where I can do things and then the next I have to sleep.  But as I said to Joe I am getting better.  It used to be I had only one good day a week.  Now it's every other day.

Joe had a doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital this afternoon.  I drove him down.  It was a good thing we left early because the traffic was terrible.  When I actually got to the hospital the line of traffic to leave was woven through the whole first floor of the parking garage.  I dropped him off and then started home.  It actually took me 10 minutes to drive from the doorway of the hospital to the entrance to the parking lot.  (It usually takes less than a minute.)  Once I got on the road, the traffic was moving and I got home in 12 minutes.  10 minutes to get out of the parking lot and 12 minutes home.  What's wrong with this picture?

Joe took the train home and I went to the station to pick him up.  He got off of the train with a big bouquet of flowers in his hand.  There was a man parking his car nearby.  He looked at Joe and gave him a thumbs up.  👍😉

I was so surprised and they are beautiful!  I suppose you want to see them.  Here are some pictures I took.






He said he got the most colorful flowers he could find.  And he told his doctor he didn't want me to pick him up because he wanted to go to 30th Street Station's florist shop to get me something nice.  Aww.

I slept a lot today, so not much got done.  But I made dinner.  Pork cutlets, broccoli and rice.  I am cooking more these days and we are saving so much money not eating out.

I also cleaned out the top shelf of the fridge.  I scrubbed the shelf before I put the food back.  Tomorrow is trash day and I wanted to get anything out that needed to go.  My new plan is to clean one shelf a week and so keep up with things instead of finding a science project at some point.

Well, that's about it for today.  So now on to the...

PHOTO CHALLENGE
The word for today is "dot".  I had no idea what to do for this.  I figured I'd find a dot somewhere even if I had to drive to Target and take a picture of their sign.  Even though it really is a bullseye.

But yesterday when Donna and I were eating lunch I told her about the challenge.  I said I didn't know what to do for "dot" and she pointed out a dot right behind me.  So thank you, Donna, for this photo.


This huge teddy bear was sitting on the windowsill behind me.  Do you see the dot?  Or should I say "dots"?  Yes, his paw has dots for his pads.  Cute.

And now I must go to bed.  Tomorrow is another day.

Kathy



8 comments:

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! And, yes - it's better to clean as you go along instead of finding a science project! That made me chuckle. :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers are so beautiful! how thoughtful! I agree about the 'science project.' I've found things I could've used in a dinner(NOT a science thing). I was stumped about the 'dot' too until I read further. Yay Donna! The bear is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are beautiful and so thoughtful of Joe. Hope you have a wonderful 'feel good' weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe is so sweet to surprise you with flowers! I'm sure you had a smile on your face all day with these beauties! Love the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe’s thoughtfulness is such a blessing to you. Thank you for sharing the beautiful bouquet with us.

    I really like your fridge cleaning plan and will try to follow that myself! It sounds doable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really liking your Photo Challenge pictures!!

    OH, that Joe! What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful Kathy.
    You have a real keeper there..what gorgeous flowers.
    Wish I could do the photo challenge but I just posted a Flashback Friday photo..unfortunately there are no dots to be found.
    Hope you have more up than down days from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those flowers....so beautiful, That Joe.....he's a keeper!!
    Cleaning a frig has to be my least favorite household chore. Sounds like you have a plan that will work!
    Love the dot! Your photo challenges are so fun.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.