Friday, October 20, 2017

GETTING THINGS DONE


Did you all watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" tonight?  Joe and I did.  We figured out it has been playing for 51 years and I think we have watched it every year.  If we missed it, it was probably only one or two years.  Yes we can recite it from memory, but we still watch it and love it.

There was a beautiful sunrise yesterday morning.  One of the prettiest I've seen in a long time.  The sky was really more pink than it shows in these pictures.



The day was beautiful too.  Nice and warm and sunny.  We worked out in the yard a bit.  It's still getting cleaned up.  We had a lot of trash to put out.  Today is trash day and it's on the sidewalk.  I hope they take it all because it is more than the five bags we are allowed.  The fence will be going up in the next few days.  My gazing ball is back in place and so is my earth box.  You can see the little dish of food and water I leave out for the stray cats of the neighborhood.


The patio still needs some work, but at least all the trash bags are gone.  It should be looking good by this time next week.
 

After dinner last night I attacked my kitchen counter.  It was really bad.  Joe helped me a LOT.  He's such a good husband, always there to give me a hand.  Here is a before picture.


And here is the after.  Quite a change, isn't it.


I can't do a lot at once, but every little bit helps.
I'm going to try to attack the fridge and the kitchen table later today.

And now I've got to run.  I have to take Joe to a doctor's appointment.  Hope you all have a good day.







Kathy

The days are so short now.
     Sunrise:  7:17 a.m.
     Sunset:  6:14 p.m.
     10 hours and 57 minutes of daylight
      Temperature: 74*F, 23*C

16 comments:

  1. Hugs to Joe for being such a helping hubby! The yard does look so much better.Love the kitchen counter! That apple (cutting board?) adds such color. You really were a busy bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. There's a lot more to go but this gives me incentive.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I think the yard looks good. Out will all that clutter, right? I prefer the after in the kitchen...kudos to you and Joe. Some times my wee table in the kitchen, that I use for a coffee center ends up with napkins and a bowl of fruit too...and that too much. :) Tiny kitchens never have enough storage. Blessings, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. I miss the Great Pumpkin...I must have watched Project Runway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a pretty large kitchen with lots of storage. I just have too many things. I'm getting rid of stuff I don't need and putting things away where they belong.

      Delete
  3. Wow on your before and after photos! I love it when I can do something that makes a big difference!
    Hop Joe’s doctor visit goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe's doctor visit went really well, thanks. It looks like a big difference even though I didn't do very much. This gives me incentive to move on to another part of the kitchen.

      Delete
  4. I applaud you for getting everything in order, both inside and outside. Have a great day and upcoming weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. I have a lot more to do. Hope you have a good weekend too!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful sunrise pictures.
    My daughter and granddaughter just isn't interested in Charlie Brown, I tried to make it a Halloween tradition but they wouldn't watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane. Thank you for stopping by. I know some people think I'm silly to be 63 years old watching Peanuts, but it really is a tradition.

      Delete
  6. We missed great pumpkin last night. Megan realized it after the fact. Bummer! She said it's like Charlie Brown missing the great pumpkin! It's been a fun show for years. I think we have a DVD so we can watch it. It's rainy and windy and cool today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find the DVD so you can watch Peanuts. It's always fun and when I see it I know Halloween is right around the corner.

      Delete
  7. It always feels good to get things cleaned out and organized. Your yard and counter are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Terri. I hope to carry on and get the entire house looking good.

      Delete
  8. We watched that show with the kids a week or so ago....maybe it was on Netflix. It does feel good to get an area organized. I work at it but I also live with kids. Nuf said ;-)
    Hope all went good with the appointment and you are back home relaxing again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are just so honest and down-to-earth real, Kathy. That is what I love about you. A little bit at a time is a good thing. I had the conversation with my granddaughter the other day about an overwhelming project. I used the old question- How do you eat an elephant? She looked at me like I was nuts. I said- One bite at a time...and then related that to her project and she "got" it. Hope you have a good weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.