Monday, October 2, 2017

CLOSING OUT SEPTEMBER



Another month has flown by and I do mean flown.  September has gone faster than August.  I can't even remember most of the month.  I'm going through my calendar to find the highlights.

I didn't celebrate September coming in like I had planned to do but I did have lunch with my friends Carol and Donna.

I started watching a lot of movies as the weather got cooler.  I'm very much enjoying them too.

I got some blood work done which brought back some not so nice results.  I am seeing the doctor next week to talk about them.  I also had an MRI that also had some not so good findings.

Carol and I went to our friend Patty's retirement party.  Even though I didn't want to go at first, I ended up having a really good time.

September 16th Joe and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary.  Again, we had planned something which didn't work out.  But we did have dinner at one of our favorite restaurants and enjoyed every bite.

I took Joe to some more V.A. Hospital doctor appointments.  I think my car has automatic pilot on going there.  He had a doctor's appointment with his regular doctor too.

Finally, last Sunday we celebrated Harvest Day at church.  What a good time we had.  And Joe finally was able to attend one.  Every other year he has been sick.

The temperature afghan is moving right along.  Here is what September looks like:


Notice the large areas of yellow 70*F and pink 80*F with a few light green 60*F thrown in.  It was a warm month.  The afghan is now so large that I can't get a picture of the entire thing.  When it is finished I will put it on the bed and take it that way.

The Breathtaking Views calendar is showing a gorgeous shot of Cape Cod, MA.  Finally a place I've visited.  It really is this lovely.


That's it for September.  Goodbye September and Hello October!

 

16 comments:

  1. Oh, Kathy! I hope there is nothing serious going on with your health. I am really sorry to hear that you are having to deal with health issues yourself (in addition to Joe's issues). Life has certainly not been easy for you this last year or so.

    Love to you- drop me a line when you have time- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I emailed you, Diana. Hope you have a great vacation. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  2. Kathy, I am praying for you and Joe. Our lives are flying by honey. I hope I told you, once you retired your time grows wings. :) Can't wait to see your afghan totally finished. You must show us. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year it just goes faster. I must be getting old. Only three more months and the afghan will be finished!

      Delete
  3. Oh, so sorry about the tests that didn't come back with desired results :( Hopefully it's something that can be easily reversed.
    The month of September did go by quickly. It was nice looking back with you!
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Doris. I hope a change of medication will fix me right up.

      Delete
  4. How long are you going to knit on your temperature afghan? Quite interesting and I'm sure it's pretty! Hope some good things come from tests even though there's not good spots there. I pray you and Joe keep perseverance level going. It seems like time has gone quickly. Next week is our celebration and now I have to figure out how much food we need. And much are people going to eat? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, the temperature afghan is for the year. I started it January 1 and will finish on December 31st. It will be interesting to see it completed.

      Delete
  5. We will be praying for you! Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope things work out with your health issues. Let us know my friend. Sept was a hard month for us...I'm happy for Oct! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. October is my second favorite month and I am happy to see it too.

      Delete
  7. Hoping all the health issues for you both can get resolved without too much trouble! Prayers lifted! I look forward to seeing that afghan when it is finished!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Terri. Just three more months and the afghan will be finished!

      Delete
  8. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers Kathy, we have been through our own scare with my daughter these past few weeks, but thankfully today received word, all is well !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy to hear good news about your daughter! I'm sure things will work out for me as well.

      Delete
  9. I have really enjoyed seeing your afghan come along...what a concept and you stuck with it! Boo hiss on bad reports. (I didn’t get such a great report at the dentist’s office today either.) Ahhh the joys of growing older...our cars practically can drive themselves to the appointments. Course my car pratically knows the way to Wal*Mart as well.🍁 Happy October to you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.