Sunday, March 24, 2013

PALM SUNDAY


It was a beautiful day today.  A bit chilly, but sunny and nice.  I went out into the yard and saw that the tulips, daffodils, and hyacinths are up.  The hydrangea and forsythia have buds on them.  Spring is really here.  Pretty soon I will be able to give you my "Sunday Garden" updates.

Just as I thought Joe was not able to get to church this morning.  He is getting better, but it's a very slow progress.  He is still in a lot of pain.

We had an "unusual" message this morning.  I went in expecting the usual Triumphant Entry account and it was one on Luke 12:1-8 about the hypocrisy of the Pharisees, our hypocrisy by the way we live, and how we do what we want and then question why God isn't blessing us.  The end of the message really spoke to me.  In three days I will be having the heart catheterization.  I had another nightmare about it last night.  I am upset.  But at the end of the message Pastor Justin said "We have no need to be afraid of anything in this life.  God is taking care of us."  I am going to hold onto this promise tight during the next few days.

Sorry to ramble on like this.  It's just something that has been on my mind.

I still haven't done anything about the house and time is getting short.  I am just so tired.  I took another nap today.  Didn't mean to, I just doze off.  I think when I have a week off this coming week I will get all caught up.  At least I hope so.  Especially with company coming.

Well, got to run.  Work tomorrow.  Morning comes early and I am NOT a morning person.  Until later....    

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure it's Spring cause Kentucky sure doesn't feel like it. It's bitterly cold again this morning and we even had sleet hitting the roof about 5:00 am.

    I know your nervous about the Heart Cath but I'm glad you found some reassurance in the message. Praying for you friend.

    Enjoy your Monday. I totally understand NOT being a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED the pretty snow this morning! I volunteered at the PSPCA doing laundry.
    I am surrounding you in a hedge of prayer,support & love. You know scripture better than I:One of my favorites is:Neither,death,anything above,anything below,angels,NOTHING/NO ONE can take you from my hand. If God has you in his palm,surrounded by his love,you can be assured of His perfect peace.
    Love,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.