Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Busy

Such a busy day yesterday.  So much going on at work.  I never stopped the whole day.  And tomorrow will be worse since Marquita is not coming in and Bob has to work at the McPherson Square Branch, so it's just Diane and me.  When there are just two people you are on and off the desk every hour and there is no time to get anything done.  You just get started on something and you have to stop and go on the desk.

After work I made dinner and then we headed to the hospital to see Mary Ann.  I think I must live in that place!


Joe noticed that besides the new part of the building that has just been finished, there is more construction starting.  This place is huge now and it's getting even bigger.  It's going to be a world-class hospital and I'm so happy all my doctors are connected with it.  They even changed the lobby area when you first go into the hospital.  It now has new furniture, a fireplace and a water wall.  Nice.

Mary Ann is doing OK.  All her tests came out fine.  The doctors think her pain may be muscular, but I think they really don't know what is going on.  She is supposed to be released today.

On the way home we stopped at Sonic and got a lemon slush for me and a diet Dr. Pepper for Joe.  Yes, we are certainly enjoying our Sonic being there again.  As I pulled out I noticed that the low tire pressure light was on.  We pulled into a gas station and Joe put air in the tire we thought it was, but the light did not go out.

So this morning I took the car to our mechanic.  It turned out to be that all four tires were low on air probably because of the change in temperature in our weather.  So they fixed it for me, but didn't charge me anything.  That was so nice of them.

Because I was over at the garage we had to cancel Bible Study this morning.  I don't like doing that, but since Joe isn't feeling all that well, it was probably for the best.

I had a chance to put out some of my Halloween decorations.  Here are my Cherished Teddies.

 
 Joe and I both love teddy bears.  We even had them as the cake topper on our wedding cake.  I have so many Cherished Teddies but instead of having them all out all the time, I switch them out with the months or season.  They are so cute.

I also put up a sparkling jack-o-lantern on the front door.


I think you can see in the picture how it's sparkling in the sun.  I saw this at Target a couple of weeks ago and had to have it.  It was only $3 so how could I resist?  I decorate for Halloween with pumpkins and black cats -- no witches, ghouls, ghosts, devils, etc.  And this was cute too.

Tonight when I get home from work we will (finally) take the air conditioner out and I can decorate the front window.  Then I'll take a picture of that for you.  Things are coming along.

I've got to get off of here and eat something before I go to work.  My late night tonight-- I'll be getting home around 8:30 p.m. so if I don't eat now, I'll be starving.  Enjoy your day everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck, sorry you are having to work so hard. Being short handed always makes double work for those there!

    Glad Mary Ann is doing Okay! I have a lot of chest and arm pain that is muscular. Some of it is from carrying babies all the time and some of it is from a car accident I had years back.

    It's nice the hospital is expanding but I hope it doesn't get too big. One of our local hospitals (which started small) kept expanding and expanding. They were such a good hospital but the bigger they get the less quality the care is.

    Your decor looks GREAT! I love that pumpkin on your door. Such a steal for $3.00. I have yet to put up the first decoration. I really need to do that!!!

    Hope your week is going well. Don't work too hard tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Cherished Teddies...
    and we don't have a Sonic around here. Hummmmmm
    Learning a lot from this post. Like I must get out more! hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.