Tuesday, February 1, 2022

YEAR OF THE TIGER




 Hello, friends.  Welcome to February.  For once it didn't seem as if the month flew by.  In fact, January seemed very long to me.  February seemed a long time in coming.

But here it is.  And it starts off with the celebration of the Lunar New Year.  It's the Year of the Water Tiger.  Let me tell you a little about it.

The tiger is the third in the twelve-year cycle of animals in the Chinese zodiac.  Its element is wood which is associated with bravery, courage and strength.  It is also an uplifting animal that can give people hope.  A good animal to have in this time of Covid-19.

Besides years being divided into twelve animals, each animal has four attributes.  This year is water.  Water brings confident and authoritative energy.  Sounds good to me.  

Tiger people are courageous and energetic and love a challenge.  They are prepared to take risks.  They love excitement and crave attention.  They can also be rebellious, short-tempered and outspoken.  They prefer to give orders rather than take them, which often leads to conflict.  I think a lot of us have this tendency.

I was just reading that interestingly the tiger is never mentioned in the Bible.  Hmm...

The best colors for this year are cerulean blue, fiery red, mint green and imperial yellow.

Now you know all that I know about this year.

Because of all the ice and snow, we didn't go out to get Chinese food.  Or even call to have it delivered.  The driving is still pretty bad.  Instead, I made peanut noodles for lunch.


For dinner I made fried rice.  The little bit of leftover rice I had from last night turned into an entire meal.

We are still waiting for our new dishwasher to arrive.  Now it looks like the end of this month.  We have been waiting since November.  I am getting tired of washing loads of dishes by hand.  But I am thankful that I have that option.  And that I have the food to eat off of those pots, pans and dishes.  Since all of the appliances in our kitchen are white, we ordered a white dishwasher.  It seems that is the most popular color and is the one that is out of stock and back ordered.  It would probably be March or April before we could get one.  I talked to the customer service person yesterday and now we are getting a stainless steel one that is in stock.  That is fine with me.  Maybe I will end up changing all of our appliances to stainless steel.

Well, I need to go and get some sleep,  I will be talking to you soon

Until later,,.

Kathy








5 comments:

  1. Tiger info is interesting. I agree about at least having dishes & food to put on them. Count your blessings is so true! I find myself thinking that often lately. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Happy Lunar New Year to you! Interesting post about the tiger. I agree - January was a looooong month. I hope your new dishwasher comes soon. We finally have stainless appliances in this house. That seems to be what everyone wants. Stay warm in all that snow and cold. We could sure use some more snow out here in the west. Right now, we just have the cold. You are sure right - we all have much to be grateful for, even with the little annoyances of life. Have a good day. Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an annoyance waiting so long for a new appliance. You have the right attitude...be thankful for what we do have. Our washing machine (26 years old) is sounding like it's ready to be replaced. I've heard the new ones are all about saving water and don't fill like the old ones. If anyone knows of a good washer to buy, I'd love to hear about it. Meanwhile, I'll be thankful the old one is still washing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Speed Queen and it's very good. Maytags are good too. Joe and I would recommend either of them.

      Delete
  4. So sorry it's taking so long to get your dishwasher. I did without one in our former home but really happy to have one now. Stainless might be the way to go 😉
    Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.