Saturday, February 12, 2022

OH WHAT A TIME WE ARE HAVING


 But then there's Friday nights.  Hello, friends!  I thought I would tell you about my night last night.  Well, afternoon and night.

Yesterday we had a plumber come over to unhook the old dishwasher.  It turns out that we will wait until the new one comes and then they will do everything at once.

After he left, Joe said he was still feeling bad and wanted to go to the Emergency Room at the VA Hospital.  For several days he had been having a bad headache and was dizzy.  Then on Thursday he began throwing up.  Trying to get from the bedroom to the bathroom he had a fall and ended up pulling down the shower curtain (he had grabbed it trying to stop himself from falling) and throwing up all over himself.  Poor Joe.  I called his doctor and the office said to take him to the Emergency Room.  But there was an 18-20 hour wait so we didn't go.  He just went to bed and later said he was feeling better.

But yesterday he was still sick.  So he got in touch with his doctor at the VA and was told to go to the ER.  As soon as the plumber left, that's just what we did.

There was no wait at all at that ER.  Joe was taken right back and I had to wait in the waiting room.  While there I met some really nice people.  We had a good talk and ended up praying for the lady's brother and Joe.  So nice to meet other believers.

I kept updating people on facebook and had so many people praying for Joe.  The nurses were wonderful and kept coming out to update me on what was going on.  After five hours Joe came walking out the the Emergency Room and looked wonderful.  They are still not sure what was going on but he was dehydrated and they had given him a lot of fluids.  All the tests they did on him came back negative.  So he has to get in touch with his primary and see him.

I am so very thankful that nothing serious was wrong.  We got out of there around 9:30 p.m. and still had not had anything to eat since breakfast.  So we went to McDonald's (one of the few places we knew that was still open) and got some burgers for dinner.

He seems much better today.  But I ended up sleeping most of today.  The new dishwasher is coming on Monday and the house is still a mess.  There is not enough room to get the machine through the living and dining rooms.  The rooms are very small and are also very cluttered.  I have to move so much.  Can you guess what I will be doing after church tomorrow?

All's well that ends well or so it is said.  It was much more important to get Joe medical help than to clean the house.  Wish me the best tomorrow, friends.  I'm going to need it.

And now it is after 11:00 and I have to take the clothes out of the washer and put them into the dryer.  I also have to bring up some clothes that I want to wear to church tomorrow.  It was a beautiful day today in the 60s, but tomorrow it is supposed to go to freezing and snow.  Crazy weather.  So I have to get some warm clothes out of the dryer.

See you soon.  I have a Sunday Praise coming up tomorrow.

Until later...

Kathy







5 comments:

  1. I'm glad Joe is feeling better. Dehydrated is not good to go through. It's been warm here in OR. Inland and coast. I'm at coast til late a.m. I've enjoyed being at leadership retreat. Stay warm and safe. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that Joe feels better. I can't imagine an 18 hr wait..let alone in ER. It was a blessing that the other ER took him right in. Yay for McDee's! Nice to know there are some places you can count on. Hope all works out for you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please ask Joe to continue to drink as much water as he can so he will stay hydrated. So sorry he had to go through such an awful experience. Good Luck in getting your path cleared for the new dishwasher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dehydration is never good. I need to drink more myself. Very glad that Joe is feeling much better. As for you, pace yourself. Praying for you to get the chores at hand done easily and well. The new dishwasher will be such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy that nothing serious was found but oh my, what a time you two had!
    Hopefully by now you have that dishwasher installed and it working just fine. A working dishwasher is a wonderful thing!
    Take care, Kathy. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.