Saturday, February 26, 2022

VALENTINE'S DAY


Hello, friends!  Here it is almost the end of the month and I am just getting around to tell you about Valentine's Day.  I am so behind on everything!

It was a really low-key day.  So much so that I don't remember a lot about it.  The biggest thing about it was that we had our new dishwasher delivered.  And that was a big thing.  We have been without a dishwasher since the end of October, so this was a wonderful thing.  I'm going to do another post about that.

I had asked for a tea kettle for Valentine's Day.  Ever since Joe got the new Keurig, all of my tea was tasting of coffee.  Joe came through with it and I got a beautiful whistling tea kettle that I had been looking at on Amazon.  I am so happy with it and my tea tastes so good.

The other thing he gave me was this pretty little silver heart necklace.

It is tiny but just right.  I have worn it every day since I got it.  He got it at Cracker Barrel when we were there for Carole's birthday.

We were going to go out for dinner (my gift to Joe) but it got later and later.  We ended up just having dinner at home.  I made pork chops, mashed potatoes and green beans.  We are still waiting to go to dinner.  Maybe tomorrow?  We want to go to Yamato's.  We both love that place.

I want to show you some of the decorations I put up.  I do not have a lot of Valentine's Day decor.  And it was so cold that I didn't even get the garden flag up.  But here is what I did do.


I kept my star candle holder on the shelf but put up a love picture and a little stuffed red gingham heart.


My little cupid.  The only Valentine's figurine that I have.

Every year Joe gives me one red rose.  Something he has done ever since our first Valentine's Day together.  Each year it is different.  If you look back through my posts, you can see all the different red roses he has given to me.  This year it was this one.


Isn't it beautiful?  Look closely.  It is made out of crepe paper.  It looks so realistic that unless you get up close like this, you can't tell.  I love it and best of all I can keep it forever.


This is the wreath on the front door.  Joe bought it for me last year.  It is so pretty, and I love it.

So that's about it.  I hope to get a few more posts up this week.  Can you believe it is the end of February already?  I am so looking forward to March and (hopefully) better weather and warmer temperatures.  This has been a cold month!

Before I end, the world events lie heavy on my heart tonight.  I follow two YouTubers in Ukraine and one in Russia.  I am keeping on top of everything they post.  It is sad and frightening what is going on in the war.  None of them want the war.  They all believed that war would never happen.  Now it is on their doorstep.  One of the Ukrainians (Olga) has two little children is trying to get to friends in Poland.  The last post she had up she was leaving and trying to find gas.  Pavlo has decided to stay in his apartment right outside of Kyev.  He is definitely frightened.  Vinca in Russia is in shock and can't believe it is happening.  They all ask for prayer.  I am praying all day and night for this situation.  I hope you will join me.

Until later...

Kathy


7 comments:

  1. Your Hearts Day celebration sounded very nice, Kathy, with thoughtful gifts from Joe. Yes, the current world situation is indeed disheartening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Yes, we are praying for the Ukraine and peace in Europe as well. Everything that is going on over there is so troubling. The Ukrainians are brave and strong in fighting against the Russian tyrant. Praying that God will bring peace to the region.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Ukraine and Russia are heavy on my heart too. I pray for the people of both countries. About 17 years ago, I went on a mission trip to Russia (with Calvary Chapel). The Christians in Russia that I knew were sold out for Christ. All had a fear of those in authority in Russia. Pray hard that this will end and for protection on the Ukrainian people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are pretty as are your gifts from Joe. I remember the super tall rose he gave you! I am praying for both people. When the news reported that young men 18 & older were being taken off trains to come fight.....one young man interviewed stated he was a student,not trained to fight,there to study. It brought tears to my eyes.His poor family! Please let your friends know we are praying for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely rose and necklace for Valentine's day. It's been cold as well where we live. A bit of snow when I stopped at a rest area when driving to WA to visit my sister Sat a.m. Sunny when I left home til past Vancouver. Rain since 12:30. Yes I've been praying for people in Ukraine and Russia as war isn't ever any good to have. Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rose Joe gave you is so beautiful! The wreath is too. I don't do much valentine's decorating. In fact I just put some up on the day!
    My prayers are certainly going to the people suffering in Ukraine. So much happening in our world near and far to keep us in prayer!
    Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, You received some nice gifts from Joe on Valentine's day and I don't know that I've ever seen a crepe paper rose before. It sure looks pretty and will be so easy to take care of, right? ha! Prayers are for sure being said for the Ukraine/Russia situation. I feel so bad for those involved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.