Sunday, February 13, 2022

SUNDAY PRAISE


 Hello, friends!  Happy Sunday.  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I am still cleaning the house.  So much to do!

I thought I would give you another Bible story today.  In light of Valentine's Day this week the story is Jesus' first miracle -- the wedding in Cana.

Not long after Jesus began His ministry, He was invited to a wedding.  Everyone was happy, dancing and celebrating.  Then there was a big problem.  They ran out of wine to drink.  This was a bad thing to do at a wedding.

Jesus' mother Mary was also at the wedding. When she heard of the problem, she knew what to do.  She told Jesus. Then she told the people at the wedding to do whatever Jesus said.

Jesus wanted to help His mother.  He told the people working at the wedding to fill six large pots with water.  When they were all full, Jesus told them to take a taste of the water to the man in charge of the wedding feast.

When the man tasted it, he couldn't believe it.  It was the best wine he had ever tasted.  How could water become the best wine?  Jesus had performed a miracle.

John 2:1-11

What is a miracle?  We know that a miracle is something that can't be explained by normal means, but happens by the intervention of God. Was this turning of water to wine a miracle?  Of course it was.

But what about miracles today?  Do they still happen?  Or is it like a magician, just a trick?  I believe that miracles happen today.  They may not be dramatic like this was, but we see miracles every day.  I think we just don't recognize them.  Or we take them for granted.

On Tuesday I was in the middle of an intersection crossing on a green light.  I had a car full of people with me that I was taking home from Bible Study.  Suddenly as I was halfway across a car came speeding through a red light right at me.  I immediately stopped and waited for the inevitable impact.  But there was none.  The driver of the other car stopped just inches from me.  He was very upset.  I breathed a prayer of thanks to God (as did the people with me) and continued through the intersection.  There was no way that the car should not have hit me.  I was right there and so was he.  I consider that a miracle.  God was letting me know that He is always there and always taking care of me.  Many times this week I have thanked Him for His protection.

I know if you think about it, you can see miracles around you.  I would love to hear about your miracles in the comments below.

Have a wonderful Sunday and I'll see you soon.

Kathy




6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Wow, that really was a miracle. So glad you didn't get in an accident. God was really watching out for you that day. So thankful that you and everyone in your car is OK! Hope you have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always liked the story about Jesus turning water into wine. He healed alot of people then and now. I'm glad you're safe from having another car hit you. Praise God 💗 I was upset when I had an injury July 2020. I did alot of talking to Jesus in my mind as I sat and waited for Phil to finally come over to hardware store and take me to urgent care. Struggles but I survived and no broken bones. Slight concession but it finally left me. Contusion on my right knee that's much better. Physical therapists were so kind and helpful. God helped me thru the time of healing. He never forsakes us. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think miracles happen every minute of every day. I definitely believe in them. I'm so glad you and your passengers are okay. God was right there protecting all of you. In his name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in miracles! I think you're right that we just don't see them. Maybe start seeing the beauty first. Raindrops on a leaf or spiderweb? Birds flying co close together but never colliding? God is everywhere!

      Delete
  4. I definitely believe in miracles. So glad you and your friends were protected...by our Lord. God has worked so many miracles in my life. The biggest one that comes to mind is when I was driving a country road and going about 40mph. Went around a bend and there sat a long trailer sideways in the road...stopped. I hit the brakes and closed my eyes because I knew I would hit him. My car stopped 3inches from the trailer. So many things in my life God has protected me. I was 17 when I met my husband. We dated for 2 years and then married. What did I know at 19..not much. We will celebrate our 50th this year and it is the Lord that has seen us through bad and good times. He has worked miracles is giving me a forgiving heart, mercy and love for others, and of course the best is our salvation. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a book but His miracles are a daily experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My miracles are my two children, their spouses, and the five grands. I took fertility drugs way back then to have my two children...spent the pregnancies in bed and hospital...quite ill...we knew they were miracles and almost 50 and almost 51 years later, they are my miracles.
    I enjoy your blog so much. Prayers for your health. My daughter is Katheryne...Kathy...beautiful name...and you seem like a beautiful person also...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.