Sunday, February 20, 2022

SUNDAY PRAISE


 

Hello, friends!  How did it get to be Sunday again so quickly?  I have things to share with you, but got so busy this week that I never got to it.  This coming week for sure.

I want to share this week's story though.  It is Jesus and Nicodemus.

Nicodemus was a very important man.  He was a leader of Israel. He was also a pharisee. He studied and memorized the Bible every day and did his best to obey it. Nicodemus wanted to know more about Jesus.

One night Nicodemus came to speak to Jesus in secret. He didn't want anyone else to see him. Nicodemus knew that Jesus was special because he had heard Jesus teach and saw him do miracles. Nicodemus had lots of questions to ask Jesus.

Jesus told Nicodemus that to go to heaven you must be born again. This didn't make any sense to Nicodemus. He knew it was impossible to be born two times. But Jesus was talking about spiritual birth. Jesus explained that like as we are born as babies, we must be born again into a relationship with God.

Jesus spoke some amazing words to Nicodemus. Jesus said, "For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life."

Nicodemus understood. The only way to have eternal life is to believe and trust in Jesus.


Some questions are easier to answer than others.  Nicodemus had big questions that he wanted answered.  And Nicodemus knew who to go to to get his answers.  We too can go to Jesus to get the answers to our difficult questions.  Don't we all have difficult questions in this life?  I know I do.  All the time.  But sometimes we feel as if we don't get answers.  I know I would love to have a list all printed out that first I do this and then I can do that and my life will turn out perfectly.  Well...  it just doesn't work that way.  I don't know about you, but lots of times I'm not really sure what God wants me to do.  Or where He wants me to go.  Or who He wants me to talk to.  And the thing is, I don't need to know all the answers.  But I do need to trust that God knows the answers to my questions and He is in control.

Friends, it's so hard to let go and let God, isn't it.  I'm going to try harder and I hope you will too.

I'll be back this week (promise!) and show you some things going on.  I did post a YouTube video this week, so if you want to head on over there, I would love for you to see it.  Kathy's Happy Home.

See you soon.

Kathy






6 comments:

  1. I know how Nicodemus must have felt to be told about "born again". However trusting Jesus' explanation it all got told. I pray more people will think it through.
    I agree with letting go. It IS hard! Most of us do think we know best. Those times I've 'let go' I've found God did know best AND I felt a peace in my heart. You can't really explain it,I guess you just have to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're going to try harder to let go and let God? ☺️ This is an ongoing difficulty for the Believer. It is really challenging for those of us who are chronically ill. Many blessings this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trusting God is so important - especially when things in our lives are challenging. I will get over to Youtube later today and check out your video. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always loved that story! Yes, trusting is a challenge, sometimes it's harder than other times. Right now we are trusting that he will bring healing to Christy and our household will be all together again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Letting go and let God is difficult. For the last year, good health has been my challenge. Reading Scripture is the way to keep my mind focused on what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the story of Nicodemus wanting to talk with Jesus. We watched at church with The Chosen video. So good to watch and encouraging me what to keep my eyes and heart on instead of hard, rude, sad thing happening in life. Reading scripture and bible study is so good for me as it helps me stay in tune with Him. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.