Wednesday, February 2, 2022

GROUNDHOG DAY

 

Hello, friends!  Happy Groundhog Day.  I woke up really early today and went downstairs to watch some YouTube videos.  I fell asleep, though, and when I woke up the 7:00 a.m. news was on and what should I see but Gobbler's Knob in Punxsutawney, PA.  There were all these men in their top hats getting ready to pull poor Punxsutawney Phil the groundhog from his nice warm bed.  The one man has a special stick which he said was 130 years old.  He knocks on Phil's door to wake him up.


Then the other man opens the door and pulls Phil out.  Poor Phil, he just looked around at the hundreds of people and seemed so confused.  I'll bet he was.


The first man with the stick said he spoke fluent groundhog so he would see what Phil said.  After conferring with Phil, he read a proclamation that there would be six more weeks of winter.

Phil was then held high in the air with the people chanting, "Phil!  Phil! Phil!".  The newscaster said there were people from all over the world in the crowd.


Poor Phil.  But he is really cute.


I finally got all the dishes, pots, pans, silverware, etc. washed today.  Then I shined my sink.  That was a nice feeling.  But...  we ate dinner and it's piled up again.  *sigh*

There is so much to do to get the house under control and I am just so tired all the time that I never get it all done.  Well, tomorrow is another day.

Joe put in an order to Amazon for groceries a week ago and he put in another one that came today.  He found dairy free cream cheese of all things.  I am terribly allergic to anything dairy so if this does not make me sick, I may be ordering it all the time.  He also found dairy free cheddar cheese.  That would be great for my mac and cheese.

I am going to go now and try to get some decent sleep tonight.  Tomorrow is a very busy day.

Until later...

Kathy



12 comments:

  1. I like the story of Punxsutawney Phil. We were able to the ground hog years ago. One of Phil's grandmas lived in that city. I liked visiting PA. Not been there for a few years. His dad died 5 years ago and Uncle Nov 2020. Sad we can't go there any more. Groundhog does look adorable. I hope you get what you need from Amazon. Megan had to order a lot of things from Amazon when she lived in CO 2020 for 10 months. I try to keep up on getting things done. I need to fold laundry and start the dishwasher since Phil is done washing dishes in sink. Hope you have a good week and take care, feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for Phil the groundhog. Imagine being woke up & pulled out of bed! I'm glad you did get all your dishes done at one point.Please take care & pace yourself. Hope the cheese works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched them pull Phil out of his house too and bet he was wondering,"what's going on"! Hope the cheese works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most groceries have the vegan dairy products…no dairy of course…even margarine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you are finding some good non-Dairy items that won't make you sick. Housework is just never-ending. Thanks for a fun post about Groundhog Day. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard that poor Phil croaked. Glad that some Phil somewhere was able to participate. Up here we say, "only six more weeks of winter." It could be a lot worse! I am glad that you have found some foods that won't cause you to be ill. Take care and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the 12th Phil. The original one is from the 1800s.

      Delete
  7. I was hoping that spring was right around the corner, but sadly not the case :(
    Poor Phil, no wonder he is always wanting to return to his snug nest ...
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. While I didn't see the "event" live, I did hear about the results, Kathy, and of course we always enjoy watching the Groundhog Day movie this time of the month! Hope the non-dairy products will work for you and that you will be feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you are having a good day and feeling good. It's hard to keep a house under control...I don't think we every feel like it is. Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dishes and laundry...never ending. Winter is an energy destroyer for me. How I'm looking forward to warmer weather! Hopefully you like the cheese. We have dairy issues here too but not with cheese.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.