Wednesday, February 9, 2022

DISHWASHER UPDATE

 Hello, friends!  This is going to be a short and sweet post today.  I wanted to update you about our dishwasher.

Last October we noticed a burning smell when we were running the dishwasher and it was hot to the touch.  Then toward the end of the month we saw water on the floor.  When Joe opened the door, he found that the gasket around the door had broken and part of it was missing.  So being the guy he is, he ordered a replacement and was going to do it himelf.

But that didn't work.  The door had to be removed and the old gasket taken off.  Then the new one had to be put on and the door replaced on its hinges.  A much bigger job than he expected.

So in the middle of November he got in touch with the Navy/Marine PX and ordered a new one.  He showed me pictures and asked which one I wanted.  So everything was fine and he was told it would take about two weeks to get it.  OK.  I can do dishes by hand for a couple of weeks.

In the middle of December he got a call that the dishwasher we ordered was no longer available and could he pick another one.  Since I was asleep, he picked a very similar one to the one we had ordered.  That was fine.  The first order was cancelled and the new one put in.

A couple of weeks ago we got a call that the dishwasher we ordered was on backorder.  It would be 4 to 6 weeks to get it and maybe longer.  The best guess was the end of May.  Oh no!  I ended up talking to the lady and asked if instead of a white dishwasher I could get a stainless steel one.  "Oh yes," she said.  "White is the most popular color.  Most people don't want stainless steel anymore."  OK.  Let's just call me old fashioned.

Yesterday we got a call that the dishwasher is going to be delivered on Valentine's Day.  Isn't that sweet?  We have the plumber coming the next day to connect it and I will FINALLY be able to use it.  I will be sure to take pictures to show you the process.

I am excited, but now I have tons of cleaning to do.  It took me about two hours yesterday to clean out under the sink.  I keep lots of cleaning supplies and all my vases, hand soap, etc. under there.  I threw out a LOT of stuff.  Things just seem to accumulate.  Now for the next few days I am going to have to clear a path wide enough for them to move a dishwasher in and the old one out.  The coffee table will definitely have to move.  And so will the stand with the printer on it.  *sigh*  It's always something, but at least my house is getting clean.

Have a good night, everyone.  I will be talking to you later.

Valentine's Day is coming.

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are finally getting your new dishwasher. Cleaning things up is always a good feeling. Glad to hear that you and Joe and doing well. I hope you aren't anywhere near that terrible water main break in Philly that I heard about on the news yesterday. I always "perk up" when I hear Philadelphia in the news, because, as you know, it is a such a special place for me. Enjoy the rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! We will soon need a new one, but I hope ours keeps limping along because we've been told dishwashers are the single most difficult appliance to get right now. They are months and months into backorder. That's a very sweet Valentine's surpise, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Valentine gift! I agree about the clean-up. You find all kinds of things. Praise God that it is arriving though. Can't wait to bsee the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good news to read, Kathy, and you certainly deserve some. Hopefully all works out well with the delivery and installation on this special delivery date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Kathy, I sure understand about the accumulating of cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink. I have the same problem. ha! Good Luck in clearing a path for the dishwasher delivery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.