Monday, October 14, 2019

MONDAY MAGAZINE



Hello, friends.  How do you like the picture I colored?  Some are just so pretty that I have to save them.  I am obsessed with these computer coloring programs.  Such fun and so relaxing.

Today I want to share with you another magazine I finished reading.  It is the Readers Digest from July/August 2019.


Joe got a subscription to this magazine.  Neither of us had read it for years.  Let's face it, it isn't the same magazine that I grew up with.  But it's still a good one.  I especially like that the articles are short and I don't have to give a lot of time to reading it.  I don't have a lot of time to give right now.  But the articles are so interesting.

They still have the humor columns which I so enjoy.  I thought I would share a few with you.

LIFE IN THESE UNITED STATES:
The first stage of a realistic baking show would be each contestant trying to open a jammed utensil drawer. -- from Blade_Funner on Twitter

LAUGHTER THE BEST MEDICINE:
I'll call it a smartphone the day I yell, "Where's my phone?" and it yells, "Down here!  In the couch cushions." -- from Here_to_Laugh on Twitter

LAUGH LINES:
People found guilty of not using punctuation deserve the longest sentence possible. -- from sixthformpoet on Twitter

ALL IN A DAY'S WORK:
Whoever said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results has obviously never had to reboot a computer. -- from William Petersen, Lake Forest, California

Hope these gave you a smile.  I'll be back soon.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Kathy, I fear none of our old magazines are the same. The paper is not even the same. I loved the funny about the computer...so me at times. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father 'collected' Readers Digest. He had years and years of them. When I was first invited to my late husband's apartment, after we had been dating for quite a while, I found out that he had a box of Readers Digest in his bathroom. Love at first read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the jokes to my hubby while we're sitting in the lanai with our coffee! Thanks for the laughs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite magazines. And yes, I do have a subscription. Last year, I gave it as a gift to one of my friends so that she could enjoy it too. Thanks for sharing the funnies. It gave a lift to my morning. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They did! I have a new Echo dot, which was a gift from last winter. Finally had enough geeks in the house to set it up. Would you believe that now Alexa and I are arguing? So the Smart Phone one made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not read a Readers Digest in years. Loved the laughs!!
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The laughs gave me a real smile to my morning. We have a subscription & Russ forwards it to a guy at work. I sometimes try the word meanings. As an avid reader,it surprises me how many I know! Thanks for sharing your artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy, I have been enjoying your blog! I can "hear" you when I read the words. :). Best wishes from Lancaster County for a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.