Tuesday, October 22, 2019

GROCERY HAUL



And the month of October is on its way out.  How can it be the 22nd already?  Hello, friends.  I hope you had a good day today.  I didn't get nearly everything done that I had wanted to, but that's just how some days go.

After Bible Study this morning Debbie and I went to Shoprite.  As we were shopping I saw this huge teddy bear.  I asked Debbie to stand next to it just to show how big it was.



I guess it needed to be big because it cost $100!

I didn't need many groceries this week.  Here's what I got.


Pepper ham lunchmeat, cream cheese, onion bagels and eggs.  They were on sale this week 18 eggs for $1.33.



We were all out of instant potatoes, water and cat food so I stocked up on all three.


And this was an impulse buy.  We all have them, don't we?  For 99 cents each I got 3 packages of napkins and a package of paper plates.  We are planning to stay home for Thanksgiving this year so I think we can put them to use.

And now I have to get dinner on the table.  We are having chicken thighs tonight and they are cooking in the air fryer.  They are so good that way.

Hope you all have a good evening!

Kathy






10 comments:

  1. Kathy, I love pretty paper napkins. I would love to try some food in an air fryer...just to see if I would like one. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An air fryer is just like a regular oven but cleaner and less fuss. I think you would like it.

      Delete
  2. That bear is very big! Wonder if he can be used as a chair. 😁 Beautiful napkins! You will be very happy to have them. I can’t believe that fantastic price for 18 eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bear was huge! At least 8 feet high. I don't think you could use him for a chair because he was very floppy and couldn't sit up by himself. Maybe if he was leaning against something a child could sit in his lap. :) I like to buy seasonal napkins. It brightens up the table for a very low price. I couldn't believe the price for the eggs either! I should have gotten two boxes.

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is one enormous bear! What on earth would anyone do with one that big?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. I collect Teddy bears but that one is too big even for me!

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize how big he was & I was standing next to him! I'm 5' tall & i would not want to carry him around. lol! Shopping was fun with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that was a huge bear! And for a huge price. Too steep for me ☺
    You got some good buys. Like the plates and napkins...I think napkins for a holiday season is a nice touch even for everyday use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy getting seasonal napkins. I pulled out some older ones the other day for a get together. It had a scarecrow on it! I also have ones with orange leaves on it. Not sure what we are doing for thanksgiving this year. Possibly with our son's family...there or here, who knows at the moment? Not me! I did a bit of grocery shopping today. Decided not to get produce from the store as some just don't look very good. take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.