Wednesday, October 2, 2019

GOODBYE SEPTEMBER, WELCOME OCTOBER


Hello, friends!  Can you believe it is October already.  Although September is my favorite month, October is a close second.  As I sit here writing this post, I have the air conditioner running.  I can't remember a time when we have used it this late in the season.  The predicted heat index for tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. is 96*F (35.5*C).  After that it is going to cool off so I think we will be taking it out of the window after that.

Let me go over what has happened this past month.  So much was going on.

We started the month by going to lunch after church with Debbie and Rusty.  That was fun.

The next day was Labor Day and our friend Frank came over to help me with the back yard.  And he sure did that!  It looks a million times better.

I shared some grocery hauls with you.

It was so exciting to do the Prayer Walk with my church.  I can't wait to do another one.

On the 11th we remembered those who lost their lives in the attacks on our country.

A few days later Joe and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary.  Going to East Coast Wings and Grill for dinner was so much fun.

I was sick for a few days the end of the month.  So glad that is over with!

I began a new series "Are You Ready for Dinner?" where I am sharing some recipes with you.  It won't be every week, just when I try something that I think you will like.  And I hope you do like it and will try some of these.

I ended the month with the Harvest Day celebration.  What fun even though not a lot of people showed up.

Now on with this month.  I'm sure it's going to be wonderful.

Kathy






8 comments:

  1. Here’s to a blessed and happy October for all. One thing is certain, it will be full and be gone before we know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were & are one busy lady! Let's hope the cooler weather kills the germs & we all feel better soon! Love the fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a really nice month. Happy belated Anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty October picture! Where did September go?? Gone in a blink. It's to be really hot here today but cooler is coming. The Manheim Farm Show is next week and we hope to go, of course. Although we really could use some rain I do hope it's not a rainy week....Cooler weather would be ok though.
    Take care, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As much as I don't want to see the colder temps moving in, I'm hoping that it helps to get rid of all the germs that are floating around and making us sick. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! September to remember! And now, October closer to (dare I say)...Christmas.
    Well, you've got the heat. We had snow! We went from Summer to Winter. Missed Fall! Well, at least for a few days. It was a freaky thing. That's why it happened in October, 🎃 haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. we had a chilly weekend and thankful for a warm coat to wear. Not able to get our house and garage painted due to rain and chilly weather. Will wait til mid 2020 to get it done. we had a good Sept and found out we are going to have another grandcbild in April!!! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping your October is as good as your Sept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.