Sunday, October 13, 2019

GOING ON AN ADVENTURE



Hello, friends!  The great clean-out continues, but at least I have a moment to write a post for you.  

I am amazed at how much I am able to throw out of this house.  I have not deep cleaned since I retired.  Oh, I did the normal everyday things, but going through each paper, each magazine, each item in boxes of decorations, etc. takes a long time.  I finally decided to do it but had no idea what a HUGE job it was.  It will take me several months to go through everything.  But by then I hope to have downsized a lot and hopefully my house will be looking a lot better.  Salvation Army is going to know me by name, I've been dropping off so many things.  How do we all accumulate so much STUFF?

But let me tell you about last Sunday.  Joe had to go to the Credit Union.  There are only two places nearby where he can use the ATM.  One is the Philadelphia Navy Yard and the other is in Cherry Hill, NJ.  We left after church and headed to the Navy Yard.  Even though it is in Philadelphia, the one in New Jersey is closer.  But I didn't want to pay the toll to go across the bridge.  I wasn't sure where I needed to get off of I-95 to go to the Yard so I had my GPS on and found it just fine.

As we were pulling in, a Security Guard stopped us and asked where we were going.  Oh the memories that popped into my head from when I used to work for the Navy.  It has been a long time since I drove onto a base.  Joe told him that he wanted to use the ATM and started to pull out his military ID.  But the guard stopped him and told us that the ATM was broken.  We needed to pull in, make a U-turn and leave.  So that's just what we did.

We got back onto I-95 heading for home.  I said, "Well, I guess we're going to Jersey."  We can get onto the bridge right from the highway.  Joe reset the GPS for the new address because we had no idea where we were going.

It was a little confusing, but we ended up finding it without any problem.  When he was finished we both said how hungry we were.  There was a Red Robin Diner right next door.  Neither of us had ever been there, so we decided to try it out.



It was very cute, super clean, and the wait staff was wonderfully attentive.  We ordered drinks and then looked at the menu.  I didn't want a burger and that's mostly what they had.  But then I saw the fish and chips and ordered that.

One of the cool things is their bottomless sides.  We had a choice of steak fries, broccoli or salad.  For another $1.50 we could have sweet potato fries or zucchini fries.  Joe wanted the sweet potato but they were out.  Of course since I was having fish and chips I wanted the chips.  But it was nice to know I had some options.  The waitress brought out a small portion of fries for us to eat as we waited for our food.  That was nice because we were very hungry.



The food was good, but I thought my fish were very greasy.  Now I don't mind greasy food, but this had the grease dripping from it.  Hmm.  It tasted good though.



Joe finished his burger, but I brought two pieces of fish (there were four), the tartar sauce and some of the fries home.  I had them the next day and they weren't greasy at all.  Hmm again.

We signed up for the discount club and may go back there but we haven't decided yet.  I'm glad we went, though, and checked it out.

Hope you are having something good to eat today.
See you later.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. You and I are still decluttering. For me, it’s come down to this: do I want it? There are remarkably few things I want. I was trying the three box thing...keep, donate, toss...nope, wasn’t working for me. I had to get it down to the bottom step. This means that I am taking more things to the transfer station than the Goodwill. Some of my “treasures” are not worthy of Goodwill.

    Question: Do any of your stores allow “cash back” on a debit card or credit card purchase? That would be preferable to paying a toll. 🙂

    Happy decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, but he was putting money IN not taking it out.

      Delete
    2. Ohhhh...that changes things! 😁

      Delete
  2. Cleaning things out and bringing order into our lives always feels so good. I recently tackled a closet I'd been putting off, and days later (much longer than anticipated) it was finally done. I, too, have a large pile of giveaways.

    Glad you were finally able to get to the location, how fortunate that Red Robin was right there. I haven't been there, myself, but family members have told me it's very good. Your plate look delicious, plus how nice that you had enough leftovers for the next day.

    Blessings on your day! Net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, it's been a while since I have visited.

    My house needs a deep clean! Hopefully before Christmas.

    Those fish and chips look good!

    I'll stop in again soon.


    ReplyDelete
  4. The fish and chips sounds delicious! I'm trying to do the downsize and clean out thing too. It's going to keep me busy for quite a while. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, I am not a fan of Red Robin...it is too much fried this and that. My daughter took me to one and I don't care to go there again. My gosh what a long way around to get to the ATM. Glad you have GPS. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a Red Robin here and it is okay but not something I go to very often unless someone else really wants to go. I think they are kind of overpriced for the quality of the food. Just my opinion, of course.

    Good for you for grabbing the bull by the horns and decluttering and cleaning. I have to do the same thing here. My basement is stuffed full. It is a huge job. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decluttering is on my to do list and I've done a bit so far. It's always freeing to let stuff go. I don't know how it accumulates but it sure comes in easier than going out! We don't have a Red Robin around here but the commercials always make me smile.."Red Robin..YUM!" I guess you have challenged that! I'm a burger kind of gal so it would be right up my alley! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a Red Robin fan but my 4 year old grandson loves it. He still calls it McRobin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wondering the same thing about accumulating STUFF. I must have brought it in but can't remember the why. Paper seems to be the worst. I'm cheering you on,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure driving on I95 isn't a big deal to you but that highway scares me!! You are brave. I love Red Robin! Their GF roll is the best I've ever had in a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.