Wednesday, October 23, 2019

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?



Hello, friends!  Yes, I decided to do a morning post today.  I have a lot going on and don't know if I will have time later.  I thought I would just give you a quick post of what we've been eating this week.

One night I was just so tired after cleaning all day that I ordered a pizza from Dominos.  Pizza isn't always my friend, so the pizza was for Joe and I got a pasta bowl for myself.  It was penne, tomato sauce, sausage and onions with mozzarella on top.  If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I am not a pasta person.  But I was either very hungry or it was very good because I ate the entire thing.  Joe was impressed and said he would have to order it next time.

The next night I made the Pioneer Woman's macaroni and cheese which I think is the best recipe for it around.  There is never leftovers when I make this.  It is one of Joe's favorites.  I had it with turkey meatballs cooked in the air fryer.  Have I mentioned I love my air fryer?

Wednesday the 16th I made Mississippi Pot Roast in my crockpot.  The house smelled so good!  I served it over mashed potatoes and had some lima beans.  We haven't had limas in a long time.  It was a nice change.




Thursday I made a meatloaf. I had been wanting one for awhile.  I put some frozen steak fries in the air fryer and made some green beans.  It was good.




The meatloaf was so good that Friday we had meatloaf sandwiches for dinner.

On Saturday I made a pork loin and served it with some leftover mashed sweet potatoes and green beans.  A nice fall meal.




Sunday was a treat.  We very seldom have steak.  Ever since my stomach surgery I have had problems digesting beef if it isn't ground up.  But I ate this and did OK.  I served the steak with a sliced tomato with fresh basil from the yard and broccoli.




Last night we had fried chicken thighs, mashed potatoes and another sliced tomato.



And that brings you up to date.  Hope you can get some meal ideas from this.  I know many people have helped me with putting dinner together and I hope I can pass this help along.

Have a wonderful day!  I'm off to continue cleaning, doing laundry and running errands.  And then there is church tonight.  Joe is teaching from 1 Kings chapter 6.

See you all later.

Kathy







21 comments:

  1. And you and I have had similar desires...I made a Mississippi Pot Roast and a meatloaf recently and now you have me wishing for a good steak. The only thing you have mentioned here, besides veggies, that I am not tempted by, would be mac and cheese. Not a fan, never have been. I think you are doing very well with your meal planning. Much better than I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a lot of help from some vlogs I watch. Well, watched since they aren't around anymore. So glad I wrote down menu ideas and recipes before they disappeared.

      Delete
  2. You all sure do eat well and you are a good cook. We dont eat that much except maybe on weekends. All looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to cook but everything is very quick and easy. I have more and more trouble standing and walking so cooking is challenging. I don't think we eat very much at all. Hmm....

      Delete
  3. Kathy, Meat and potatoes...Ted would love you. :) I could eat green beans all the time, my favorite veggie. I love mac and cheese too. I do not eat much beef either. You have been busy cooking, I will say. Looks good. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking is much cheaper than ordering out or eating out. I can do dinner for the two of us for less than $5. Green beans are not my favorite at all, but I eat them. I am not a huge mac and cheese fan either, but Joe loves it so I cook it for him. Too bad we don't live closer. I would give Ted some meat and potatoes. Ha, ha!

      Delete
  4. Wow, all favorites of mine. Your menu is super tasty! Don't work too hard, and have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not working hard at all. Taking my phone to the Fed Ex place to send it back to the company to have it replaced. Making some phone calls. Straightening up. A little at a time and it will get done. Glad you like my menu!

      Delete
  5. Everything looks so good! We love Dominoes GF pizza and had that, and regular pizza too, of course, last week on a busy day.
    Have a great day....at least it's not pouring rain out there today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, much as I love the sun, we do need the rain. I hear it's going to be another wet Sunday. *sigh*

      Delete
  6. Marvelous dinner choices Kathy..perfect for fall evenings! Sounds divine!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made many of my hubby's favorite meals, including those lima beans! He loves them. It all looked very healthy and you photographed them beautifully! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Yaya! I love lima beans but they are not a favorite with Joe. I try to cook healthy, but those snacks always sneak in between meals.

      Delete
  8. Thank you, Laurie. Not overly busy, but things that I have to get done this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks ao good! I love lima beans. I think we all cook with a compromise. Hubbys like one thing,we prefer another...I am blessed that Russ eats whatever I make; so I make a lot of his favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you do more in your air fryer than heating up frozen things like the fries? I have one and my husband loves fries cooked in it and I've done a couple of other things, but no real cooking. I keep looking at Pintrest and all the things people say they make in one, but so far I haven't tried it.

    I need to go to the store when I'm off tomorrow...you've just solidified my craving for meatloaf!

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cook entire dinners in my air fryer. Chicken thighs, pork chops, meatballs, even a pork loin. Meat comes out very good. I do the meatloaf in the oven though.

      Delete
  11. Oh my! Your meals look so good. We've been wanting some meatloaf for awhile. I think it's time for us to get busy and make some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be meatloaf weather. You, Stacey above, and I have all been craving it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.