Wednesday, November 14, 2018

THE TEA PARTY


Yesterday was the last meeting of the Ladies Bible Study for 2018.  We run from March to November each year.  Then the holidays come in and the weather gets bad and so we take a break.  This year I decided to have a tea party for the last week.  Rick was there and (surprise!) Pastor Ralph showed up.  He is doing remarkably well considering that he had surgery two weeks ago.

I got up at 6:00 a.m. to make the sandwiches.  I knew I was just too tired the night before.  I made tuna salad on wheat bread, egg salad on white bread and ham and swiss on rye bread.  I also had munchee, alpine lace, and American cheese and crackers and a plate of grapes.  Debbie brought petite fours.  I also brought Earl Gray, Prince of Wales, Constant Comment, Typhoo and English Breakfast teas.  Plus my tea box with lots of different teas in it.  We certainly had a choice!

Here's a couple of pictures I took.  Well, Kathy took the picture of me.  I didn't remember to take the pictures until after we had eaten and Rick and Pastor had left.




While I was there I finally finished the fall bulletin board.  I wanted to have it done before our Thanksgiving service next week.


I've been asking people for weeks what they were thankful for and writing it down on the leaves.




I think it turned out really good.

After the study Debbie and I went to Shoprite where I finished up the shopping for this week and then to the library.  I stayed in the car because I know if I go in there I will be there for awhile talking to everyone.  And I wanted to get home quickly because Joe is very sick again.  I called him a few times to make sure he was OK.  

Here's a few of pictures I took of my old workplace.  The tree was a sapling planted to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the library.  Look how big it has gotten!




I got one of those meal kits like Hello Fresh from Shoprite that I thought sounded good.  It turned out I didn't read it closely enough and the mashed cauliflower was filled with milk and sour cream.  Not good for two people with milk allergies.  I thought the green beans and chicken were good and I even liked the mashed cauliflower.  But Joe really didn't like it.  I won't get it or any of the others again.  I like that I can put together a healthy meal quickly, but Joe didn't like either one that I bought and they are expensive.


And now I need to go and start my day.  I'll leave you with one of the Thanksgiving jigsaw puzzles that I did.  I think the set I have has 12 of them.  I did a few last year, and I'm doing more this year.  I think it will be next year when I finally finish the entire set.

Until later...

Kathy






7 comments:

  1. The tea was a lot of fun & I enjoyed the sharing & prayer. The food was delicious. A great ending to our season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a shame about joe being sick, I hope he feels better soon, and about the hello fresh, I hear so many good things about them, I’m not sure we them in Canada yet, your thanksgiving wall is great and such a good idea, time for me to bring out the puzzles too, we always have one on the go in winter, I like the fall one you showed us,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love a ladies tea party! How nice! The leaves with thankful messages are so nice! We all have so much to be thankful for!

    I am sorry to hear Joe is sick again. I send my payers.

    Blessings to you both, Net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea party sounded like such fun. And what wonderful food! I'm sorry to hear that Joe is sick again. I'll be praying for a speedy healing. I love to do jigsaw puzzles. I have them on my laptop and enjoy working on them in the evening. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure the ladies enjoyed the tea and all the goodies you prepared! I hope Joe is feeling better by now. Prayers lifted for him. I have never purchased any of those meals. Another friend of mine loves them and uses them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea party looks so nice! So sorry to hear that Joe is not feeling well.
    I have to read everything on food labels too....and I screw up sometimes too! Mostly when I'm in a hurry.
    Are you getting snow, sleet, freezing rain tomorrow like we are....so 'they'say? It sounds awful but we will see how right the forecast is. Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tea party sounds really nice the sandwiches look so delicious!!! Sending prayers for Joe hope he starts feeling better.
    God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.