Thursday, November 8, 2018

THE HOLIDAY BAZAAR



Good morning everyone!  Here we are on the down side of the week already.  And the month is almost 1/3 over.  Isn't this a pretty road?  Wouldn't you want to walk down it to see where it leads?  Or even maybe ride a horse.

Yesterday Carol, Donna and I went to my aunt's retirement community for the annual Holiday Bazaar they have.  This is the third year that we have gone and we always have fun.  I picked up Donna, then we headed over to Carol's house.  Carol always drives because she knows how to get there.  Me?  I haven't a clue.  So I sit in the back of the car and take pictures of the scenery out of the window.  Let me show you some of the beautiful trees.

The first shot I took, though, was of these beautiful mums growing on someone's curb.  Flowers can grow anywhere and brighten up someone's day.


The trees have finally turned magnificent colors.










The front of the building is always decorated so nicely.


We went through the bazaar and I bought a purse, a loaf of pumpkin bread, some cookies and a couple of books for Hadley for Christmas.



We went to get something to eat and met up with my Aunt Alice there.  It was so good to get together with her and catch up.  As she says, we only see each other once a year.  She is a wonderful lady who let me know that next year she will be 80 years old.  I got Carol to take a couple of pictures of us.



Looking at these pictures I know I really have to lose the weight!

After we left Carol wanted to stop at Trader Joe's. 


 Donna and I waited for her in the car.  I had been telling them I wanted to try Everything But the Bagel seasoning mix and when Carol came out, she had bought me a jar of it.  She wouldn't let me pay for it either.  What a nice gift!


The trees were pretty on the way home, too.














When I got home, I quickly changed my clothes and got ready for our first Homework Help session over at church.  I was only 15 minutes late and 15 minutes before the kids were set to show up.  Rick and I prayed for the session and then sat there and talked waiting for the kids.  No one showed.  So at 4:30 we decided to give it up, put on our coats and locked up.  As we were leaving, I saw my Sunday School girls walking down the street.  They said they didn't have any homework so didn't come.  We told them to come on in and play some games with us for 1/2 hour.  One of the called home and got permission and they all came in.

We had such a good time with them.  They think Rick is the funniest man ever.  They were giggling at everything he said.  He asked me why they were giggling all the time and I said they were teenage girls.  He asked if teenaged girls giggled a lot.  Of course I said, YES!  They are 12 and 13 -- just the age to giggle!  We played two games and then did a word search.  The half hour flew by and they had to leave.  I told them to come next week even if there was no homework and they said they would because they had fun!  There were only three girls, but that's a start.  Rick asked if there were any other kids on their block that could come.  Elyssa said yes, and they should come to church, but they should come to church with MANNERS and that was something they definitely did not have.  In other words, this is fun and don't ruin it for us.  She is such a character and I love having her in my class each week.

When I finally got home I was exhausted.  I was too tired to eat, so I called out to Dominos and got Joe a salad and me some chicken wings.  I'll be making an early dinner tonight before we go to Bible Study.

On the calendar today is take Joe to church this morning to fix the heater, take Jack to his vet appointment this afternoon, and Bible Study tonight.  Another busy day.

Hope you are having a good day!

Kathy 


10 comments:

  1. Yes,I can imagine walking down that path...or riding..You really captured the fall foliage!I 'm starting to like the yellow as much as I do the reds. Good shots!
    The bazaar sounds like fun & the purse is cute.Glad you got to see your aunt. The photo of the two of you is pretty;I'd consider framing it. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, sounds like you had a great time! I love that purse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty fall pictures! At the retirement community where I worked we had a Christmas bazaar every December. I've not gone since I quit working but after reading about your fun time, I think I should go this year :) The Pokey Little Puppy....always loved that book.
    Have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What nice photos of the fall colors. They really are beautiful. I love your new purse. I think those books are going to be a hit. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall photos are gorgeous. Leaves are falling fast here in Indiana! Have a beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day out !
    The trees and shrubs are showing lots of Fall color, we are in for our first freeze of the season tomorrow :(
    Hope you have a lovely evening.
    Hugs,
    ~JO

    ReplyDelete
  7. we've got color in our leaves and many have fallen. Chilly weather upon us especially in the evening! I am going to a holiday bazzar next week half hour drive from here but then with visit a friend that lives in town after lunch. I like to get crafty items for gifts too and find fun items for me too....take care and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's always such a challenge to take photos from a moving car, Kathy, but I enjoyed going along for the ride to and from your aunt's holiday bazaar and also for seeing you both. That seasoning mix looked good too and if you go to Trader Joe's (we are not regulars, but it's fun to look around) I will look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do teenage girls giggle? LOL! How good that you were able to visit with your aunt and support the Christmas Bazaar. The idea of a game time is fun. Kids really do have a lot less homework than in former years...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.