Friday, November 2, 2018

CLOSING OUT OCTOBER


Can you believe that October is over already?  Where does the time go?  It's time to say goodbye to October.

Here's what happened last month.

On the 3rd my goddaughter celebrated her 30th birthday.  I feel so old.  She is one of the shining stars in my life and I love her so much.


The weather really cooled down.  The beginning of the month we were still having temperatures in the 80*s.  By the end of the month we were in the 50*s and even hit 40* one day.  You can see it in my temperature blanket.



 And suddenly it was fall!



I made a dent in cleaning the house.  Not a lot, but anything is better than nothing.  I think I'm getting a better mindset about it.  The holidays are coming and I want to decorate.  Nothing got put up for Halloween except for one pumpkin.


I found my blue camera!  Now I just have to find the silver one.

I started watching the Hallmark Christmas movies and even wore my new t-shirt to watch the first day.

Then I slammed the door against my hand.  Ouch!  Fortunately the bruise and swelling have all gone.  So has the pain.

I found my great-grandmother's old cookbook online.  What a joy!  I now have a lot of her recipes back.  Gingerbread for Christmas this year!

Celebrating Halloween was fun but I have a feeling it was more fun for Joe because I was feeling so sick.

On to November.  It is a very busy month.  There is something going on almost every day.

I hope all of you are going to have a wonderful November.

Kathy





13 comments:

  1. Shutting your hand in the door, ouch! I hope you feel better in November, your temperature blanket is amazing! A beautiful god daughter too😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blanket; you have done such a good job. Hoping the month of November is good to you and you feel good and have no accidents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. October was quite a month! Your blanket is coming along beautifully. Now that Halloween is over, it's time to look forward to Thanksgiving. And concentrate on getting most of our Christmas shopping done. This month is going to fly by too I think. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trying again...

    I sure hope that you are feeling lots better. You had a busy October and now you're planning a busy November. I thought my November would be quiet, but it has turned out much more busy than usual, which is really nicer, after all. Your temperature blanket is turning out wonderfully...quite some dramatic temp swings for October.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blanket is looking great! And I love that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I try my best to visit your blog every day. I missed where you found your great grandmother cookbook. How awesome. I know there's some parts of Oct. you are glad to be done with. Me too. Although, I try not to wish my time away...it goes fast enough. Wishing you a safe and wonderful November. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your afghan looks amazing! That black pumpkin is a perfect Halloween pumpkin! Now, on to Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feels like we just started October and now it's past. Have a feeling November will be the same...... Good grief, didn't we just celebrate Thanksgiving??
    Your temperature afghan looks amazing. Nice job!
    Hope you both are back to good health!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry you slammed your hand! OW!It is crazy that it is November already, isn't it? Sorry, too, that you were sick over Halloween. I hope you and Joe have a good weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your October was a real roller coaster! I agree that your temperature afghan is looking good! You do marvelous work! Hope you both feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know just what you mean, October flew by and here we are in November! I've been watching lots of Christmas movies on Hallmark too... and we've been decorating the house all up for Christmas as we watch! It's so fun, and devoid of much of the stress because we have lots of time before Christmas gets here!

    Sorry to hear about your hand. Hope it's feeling better now.

    That is such great news about finding the camera and your Grandmother's cookbook! I bet your eyes lit up when you saw it! A purchase like that is priceless... for the memories it holds and the new ones it will make with your family!

    Blessings to you throughout the Holiday Season! Net

    ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.