Monday, November 26, 2018

MONDAY MAGAZINE -- COUNTRY LIFE, COUNTRY FRESH


Good morning, friends!  Hope you are having a good day.  Isn't this picture beautiful?  Fall is so lovely with all the beautiful colors.  So hard to believe it is almost over and this is the last week of November.  Every month I ask where the time has gone.  Has the month just whizzed by for you also?  I have so many more lovely pictures to show you, but I know I won't be able to. Next Saturday I begin my "blogmas" for this year.

You may have noticed that I changed my Sunday Magazine post to Monday Magazine.  I am having a good time presenting the Sunday Praise to you that I changed the day.  And Monday Magazine sounds better too.

So for today I am showing you a page from the September 2001 copy of Country Home.



COUNTRY FRESH.  Photograph by Eric Roth.
Air fluff dryer cycles and summer fresh fabric softeners will never duplicate the unforgettable feel of a shirt dried by a warm sunny breeze.  It's like wearing a country hug.

That's for sure.  I love the smell of clothes dried in the sun on the line.  I haven't done it in awhile since we got our dryer last year.  Do any of you still hang your clothes out to dry?

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Kathy







12 comments:

  1. I so want to walk down the lane in your opening photo! So beautiful.I especially love the crackle & swish as you walk through them...I like the Magazine where you always present something new.Keep 'em coming!
    I don't have a dryer but 4 lines in my basement. I do have one line outside that I use sometimes for jeans,blankets etc if the weather co-operates. Guess it's time to think about taking it down for the season :( ...I agree & have often just stood & sniffed when taking the items off the line! (Does anyone remember the old clothes poles that propped up the clotheslines? Do they even make them anymore? Just asking...)
    Thank you for today's blog. It started my day with a smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember the smell of clothes dried on the clothes line, especially the fresh white sheets on wash day. Your photos and background are so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until we moved here into this rental I hung all my sheets and 'whites' out on the line. Love the smell!!! I will do it again once we get moved into a new place. I hope you have a really great week,Kathy. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still hang clothes out,, I love the smell too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to always hang my wash outdoors on the lines. And yes, I do remember the clothesline pole. If I had a line up now, I'd use it for some of my laundry. You just can't beat the smell of clothes dried outdoors. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, Kathy! I haven't hung clothes out to dry since I was around 12, helping my mom before she got a dryer. I don't miss running out in the rain to get the clothes before they got soaked again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I haven’t been able to line dry since my neighbors started burning their garbage. More’s the pity. I have very much enjoyed the beautiful autumn pictures you’ve been posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a charming post Kathy..hugs and blessings from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy your Sunday Praise and Monday Magazine! Yes, it sound better!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mother used to hang clothes outdoors on a clothesline when I was growing up and then in the basement when it was too cold or rainy outdoors. I have never used a clothesline outdoors, but electric dryers ever since I was in college and to this day. Living in an apt. doesn't offer options for outdoor clothes lines.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When we lived in the country (more country than we are here, as in farm fiields right next to us) I had to be careful of hanging my laundry out to air dry. Farmers like to spread manure on nice days too ;-0 Eww! Now we have too many trees to get good drying here. I remember my mom bringing in the frozen stiff clothes on a cold winter day. Why she went to the bother of hanging them outside, I don't know! Pre dryer days found clothes drying all over the house sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to have a clothesline outdoors but with so many birds in the trees in spring and summer, it was hard to do that and wash clothes again that were hit by bird poop. Then it was hard to do it when I worked more so it's gone now. I like the Charlie Brown picture....sweet! I am doing ok. My mouth/face barely hurts from the ball the hit me. I enjoyed your comments on my blog, Kathy! Much appreciated! Hugs and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.