Friday, November 16, 2018

A DAY IN THE LIFE



Oh my is it ever cold here today.  We are expecting sleet, snow and freezing rain.  Not good.

I know people have enjoyed it in the past when I did a "Day in the Life" and since I am going to be home all day today, I thought I would do one for you.  

First of all, please pray for Joe.  He is much sicker today.  Now he is throwing up.  He's one sick guy.



I'm feeling pretty good today and will try to get as much done as I can before my pain comes and my energy goes.



I pulled out my cleaning tote and got started cleaning the bathroom.  I am loving the Method spearmint scented cleansers.


All done.  I love the pumpkin soap dispenser I got at Kirklands.  I've used it all fall.  We don't have a counter in the bathroom and very little storage so my makeup is lined up on the back of the basin.  Now on to the next thing.



I baked some pumpkin cookies this morning.  But I didn't hear the timer go off, so they got burned a little bit.  I ate two and they are still good, but not like they should have been.



I did a load of dishes.



And had leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch.  Mixed veggies, mashed potatoes and chicken fingers.



Then I looked out the window and discovered that the snow had started.





I needed to wash the clothes Joe had gotten sick on.  Now you know Joe has never let me use the washer and dryer but he was so sick he actually let me.  He told me what settings to use and how to do it and I did!  And while I was down in the basement I straightened up a bit.  You can tell it's a man using the laundry area.  I made it a bit "prettier".  I forgot to take pictures so you'll have to trust me on that part.

Then I still had some energy so I began to go through my accordion folder where I keep my old receipts.  It has been a year since I went through it and I was able to empty it of all but a few items and throw them out.  They are all in a bag to go into recycling when this storm is over.  It makes me happy to get things like this done.





By this time I was pretty tired so I laid down and took a nap for about a half hour.  Now it was time for dinner.

I made burgers and fries.  Joe felt well enough to eat one.  He has his on a bun.



I'm still working on cutting down those carbs so although I ate the fries, I stayed away from the bread.  And the ketchup.  It has lots of sugar.



While we ate, we watched my sister's pastor's message from Sunday.  He is doing a good series on Christmas that is going to take two months.  We got interested in it and so watch the service every week.  Even though her church is 80 miles from here, we can still be a part of it.


Of course Jack joined us.  He is on a new weight loss food.  We weren't sure how he would take to it, but he loves it.  And he seems to be full longer.  He doesn't beg as much for food.  This is a good thing.


Jack has been laying on the floor by the stove staring at the wall.  This is where we have seen mice in the past.  I hope they haven't returned.  But Jack is a mouser extraordinaire and he will get them if there are any.

I have had a good day today, having energy and getting things done.  Now if only the severe pain I have in my knees and hands would leave, I'd be happy.  I don't talk about it much, but there is not one minute of any day that I am not in pain.  This has been for several years now and why I left the library on early retirement.  I know God can heal me but He hasn't.  I guess this is my "thorn in the flesh."  But God is still good and blesses me in so many ways.

Hope you have enjoyed my day.  I'll do another one of these when it is more toward Christmas.  Those are fun.  And I'll be doing blogmas again this year.  I'm challenging myself to post every day from December 1 to the 24.

Have a good evening.

Kathy




And having written all of this, I forgot to post it yesterday.  Well, enjoy it today!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full day, I hope joe feels better soon,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Joe is still so sick. I hope he gets well soon. I was just saying we need to buy some chicken noodle soup to have in the pantry for winter. That always tastes good to me when I'm under the weather. Have a good day my friend! Sweet hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the pain you cope with every day. I think you are awesome for all that you do every day. I'm also praying for Joe to get better soon. That chicken soup sounds delicious! Scrambled eggs too! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you are feeling energetic. I am sorry that your Beloved has not been feeling great. Hopefully, he is on the mend today and I think you are going to continue feeling energetic. At least, I do when I watch those carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you both start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Joe feels better soon...again. No fun for sure. I spent a good portion of my day out and am resting. Soon going to make pumpkin banana bread and take some down when I visit my sister at our brother's place on Monday. He had a portion of his bog toe removed so he needs help for 10 days. I'm staying there 2 days. Need to mop my floors tonight b4 any people are here. Overdue. Prayers pain in knees and hands get better soon. I'll email you soon about something that may help you with that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.