Sunday, September 9, 2018

SUNDAY PRAISE -- O FOR A HEART TO PRAISE MY GOD

Happy Sunday everyone!  I can't remember the last time I did a Sunday Praise post and it's about time I got one together for you.

We are singing this hymn by Charles Wesley as our opening hymn this morning.  I had never heard of it and decided to look it up on youtube.  I came across three different tunes, but this was the prettiest to me.  I wonder which one we are going to sing this morning.

Here's what I found out about this hymn:

Charles Wesley (1707-1788) wrote this hymn in the years immediately following his disastrous mission trip to America in 1735, his subsequent illness upon his return, and then the unbridled enthusiasm of his conversion on Whitsunday (Pentecost Sunday), May 21, 1738.

This is a hymn of total commitment to God, a prayer for pureness of heart, a plea for Christian perfection.

And here is the hymn:





Have a wonderful Sunday.  I'll be back later this week with some great posts for you.  You'll be surprised.

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful song for sure. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Charles Wesley's hymns, but this is one I have never heard. Thanks for sharing it. Wonderful words!

    Happy Lord's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of this one either. My pastor is good at finding new things for us to sing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy, Hope you and Joe have a wonderful Sunday. I am thanking God for not flooding our area this morning. So thankful. Now I am praying for the East coast. Also the rains that went thru here are going east. Be safe. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting a lot of rain, but I think those closer to the shore will get it worse.

      Delete
  4. I have never heard that hymn before. It's so pretty. Thank you for sharing. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard it before either. It is very pretty. We sang it to a different tune, but I think I like this best.

      Delete
  5. You are such a tease!! Now I wonder what amazing things you will be posting about! Beautiful song for this lovely Sunday! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can still pull off my plans. It all depends on the weather. It is a beautiful song, isn't it.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful son. You are so full of surprises! Can't wait to see what's in store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.