Saturday, September 15, 2018

THE TEMPERATURE BLANKET



I love summer.  No, I LOVE summer.  But at the same time I love fall!  I love the cooler weather but I still don't have to wear a coat.  I hate coats.  I hate bundling up.  I hate having to wear shoes.  Nothing "snuggly" about it to me.  I love the colors of fall.  And the tastes of fall.  And the smells of fall.  So I will enjoy my last week of summer and look forward to the next few months of fall.

And with fall comes a much easier time to work on my Temperature Blanket.  At this point I am about two days behind, but easily caught up.  I asked Joe to hold it up so I could get a picture of it for you.


It was a hot summer.  Here's a closer look at the summer months.


Claret = 90*F days
Pink = 80*F days
Yellow = 70*F days
The white divides the months.

But look at this little stripe of green that came to visit a few days ago.


Green = 60*F days

I have a feeling there will be fewer claret days and more green ones coming up.

Joe says he is taking me out for dinner tomorrow for our anniversary.  We are trying to decide where to go.  In the city we have so many options!

Thank you all for your prayers.  Joe is much better.  I, on the other hand, fell yesterday.  Tripped over my own feet.  My right knee is swollen and sore.  I put ice on it and took Tylenol so it is better today.  I think I will be OK for tomorrow.  It's always something in our house.  I was doing so well cleaning and gardening yesterday too.  *sigh*

Hope you enjoyed seeing the blanket.  Just three and a half months to go.

Have a good day everyone!


Kathy

15 comments:

  1. I hate wearing coats too! They are not that comfortable. But I am looking forward to autumn and winter when the leaves start to fall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn is very pretty. I love all the colors. And although it's cool, it's not cold!

      Delete
  2. Oh I do love your blanket....you have done such a good job. Hope your knee will be ok and you can go out for your anniversary dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knee is stiff but doesn't hurt as much today. I think I'll be OK to go to dinner but not much more than that. Thanks for liking my blanket. It's interesting to put it next to the one from last year.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I love your blanket. I really like the fact that you had separate colors for the different temperatures. Hope Joe is doing better. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie. It's fun to make. Joe is doing much better.

      Delete
  4. Wowsie! Your blanket is beautiful. They are wicked long though. I'm glad to hear that Joe is feeling better, but not happy to hear that you fell and hurt your knee. I hope your knee is better quickly, and that you get to enjoy your anniversary dinner. BTW, Happy Anniversary to you and Joe. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get really long like Joe's birthday blanket, but this one is actually a reasonable length. When I am finished I will put it on the bed and show you. Oh it is always one or the other of us sick around here. My knee is better today, thanks. And thanks for your anniversary wishes.

      Delete
  5. Those temperature blankets just grow into HUGE don't they?! What do you do with something that big? WOW. I agree with you about cooler temps but no coats! Thankfully, that's how we roll in Florida, in the winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really not that big. Joe was sitting down when he held it up. I use the one I made last year all the time. It just fits our full sized bed.

      Delete
  6. I had never heard of a temperature blanket until I saw it on your blog for the first time. Yours is amazing and I LOVE it. It is so much fun! Glad Joe is better and hope you improve, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana. I like it too and it's fun to make.

      Delete
  7. I'm just like you...I hate wearing coats and shoes....I don't like being cold, I don't like bundling up! But I will enjoy fall and not think about what's next ;-)
    Love the temperature blanket! Such a neat idea.
    Glad Joe is better and oh dear, hope you are too!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will enjoy the beautiful and wonderful fall and forget about what comes next. Thanks, I think the blanket is pretty and am having fun making it.

      Delete
  8. Love fall & all it's colors! Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope it gets better quickly. Glad to hear Joe is doing better. I can agree about coats & feeling bundled. I wear a fleece thigh-length jacket with a thermal hoodie underneath.The secret,my husband told me,is layers! Not bulky & quite warm. Wish Isotoners made boots....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.