Sunday, September 23, 2018

SUNDAY MAGAZINE


Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday.  It is our Harvest Day picnic today at church.  I will be taking lots of pictures to show you tomorrow.  We were going to hold it outside in the church parking lot/yard but it is raining.  So inside it will be.  We will still have fun even if we can't grill out or stand there and invite people walking by to come join us.

I know I won't have time to do much today so I am sharing another Sunday magazine with you.

This is taken from HGTV magazine dated April 2016.  What do you think of this front door?



Is this a color you would use?  I don't think I would, but to each his own.  I didn't even see the door number at first.  It sort of blends in.  Maybe it wouldn't in real life, but it does on this photo.  I like the door mat though.  So cute.  And the flowers are nice.  But I just can't see myself coming home to this door each evening.

So what do you think?  Is lavender your color of choice?  Do any of you have a lavender door?

Kathy

10 comments:

  1. Kathy, You know Diane of Lavender Dreamer will love that door. :) My Mom would also...she loved anything relating to purple. I do love the mat too. Hope your day goes well. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to say without seeing the entire photo of the home. It could be perfection or it could be cringeworthy, 🙂 Have a happy day and may the festival be a blessing. 🌻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Fall Harvest Picnic Day at your church! That's always such a fun day! Too bad it has to be indoors, but sometimes that's much nicer, if it's chilly or too hot outdoors.

    As for the door, it looks fun and definitely makes a statement, BUT I'm personally into more neutral colors myself.

    Have a blessed Autumn Sunday!!! Net

    ReplyDelete
  4. On a white house, the door is awesome. It sort of says "Hi, I'm the doorway. Come on in." I love the sitting arrangement at the top of your post. It looks so inviting. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping the Fall Festival was all you wanted it to be. I dont think I could paint my door lavender, but to each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No lavender door for me, thank you. Hoping your festival was as great inside as it would have been outside!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Purple is my favorite color and since my birthday is in February, the amethyst is my favorite purple gem as well. But not sure whether or not I would like a purple door. Then again, I did paint the downstairs bathroom in purple when we lived in VA...so maybe. Hope the festival turned out well, even if it had to be held indoors because of rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a chair that is upholstered in cream and pale lilac toile but it is not a color I would normally use. I do love real lilacs and the color of them.
    I hope your church "outing" was great. I'm sure it was. xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I guess in certain settings a lavender door would be ok. Not my choice though.I recently saw a turquoise door.I tend toward more neutral colors.But to each his own. If that is yours,go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.