Monday, September 3, 2018

THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER AND LABOR DAY


Hi everyone!  I hope you are having an awesome weekend.  When I saw this drawing I knew I had to use it in the blog.  It so reminds me of my childhood.  Happy memories!

I started this weekend off by going to get my hair cut on Friday -- the last day of August.  The perfect time to get a new hair style for fall.  I love going to Mane Connection and having Kim work on me.  They were really busy and all three girls were there.  Kim is the blond in the front.  They were so busy I had to wait for my turn which almost never happens.



Here I am before.  It had gotten really long and my bangs were always in my eyes.



And here it is after.  I had two inches taken off and lots of layers put in.



I'm not sure that I like it, but it feels so much better being off of my neck in this hot weather. I will see how it looks as it grows out.  I think that I will have her make it longer next time for the winter months.

I am still finding it hard to believe that it is September.  On the first to celebrate I made my annual pork spare ribs dinner.  I have spare ribs every year, but each year have different side dishes.  This year it was butternut squash with sage ravioli and cinnamon applesauce.



And a wonderful apple pie for dessert.



This is the second time I have used these ravioli.  They are so delicious but a bit expensive.  I buy one box which has about 7 pieces and we split it and use it as a side dish.  The brand is evol.  Love spelled backwards.



Yesterday we had seven visitors in church.  Awesome!  There were four girls that I took to Fellowship Hall for a Sunday School lesson.  I hadn't prepared anything for older students.  I had been having pre-school and these were middle school kids.  What to do?  Fortunately I had left some lessons for older kids at the church and was able to grab one and wing it. The girls were so polite and were used to being in church so knew how to act and even knew the answers to my questions.  I hope they come back.  They were such a pleasure to teach.  I even found some bracelets to give them each one.  They said "I 💓 Jesus,"  "Follow Jesus," and "Faith, Hope and Love."  They really liked that.

Today I woke up at 3:00 a.m. and was up until about 4:30 a.m.  Then I fell asleep and didn't wake up until noon.  I must have needed the sleep.

I didn't do much of anything today except watch Hallmark movies.  Ah, the life I lead.  It was an off day.  What can I say?  It's a good thing not all days are like today.  

Tonight I was going to cook, but we decided to go to East Coast Wings and Grill instead.  I called my friend, Donna, and she came with us.  We started off with pub pretzels which are the best pretzels ever made.  Of course I had my wings and some homemade potato chips.  Joe had a stacked high burger and fries and Donna had spicy shrimp tacos and fries.  We spent 2 hours talking and eating and having a great time.

After we dropped Donna off we headed over to church and Joe fixed the broken toilet in the Ladies Room.  He is a man of many talents.  It took him only a few minutes.


So now we are home, enjoying the evening and I am getting ready for teaching my Ladies Bible Study tomorrow.  We are beginning a study in the book of Esther.  Tomorrow is just an introduction.  Next week we will get into it.

Before I go, I noticed that I have several new followers.  Welcome!  I am so happy to have you visiting me in my world.  I will pop over to see you also.  It makes me so happy to think that over 60 people think it is worthwhile to spend some time with me.  I hope to have some great posts for you really soon.

And that's it for now.  Thanks for reading.  Until later....

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Good haircut!! I'm sure it feels cooler. My latest cut was a little short so I'm giving it a couple more weeks before I go back for a trim. It happens! LOL Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hair cut. I am getting mine trimmed in a couple weeks. still pulling it back and I like it that way. Will have it thinned a bit cuz I have so much hair but I'm not complaining. I had a good weekend and didn't work today. Glad you had some good time out with friends and your husband, Joe. Yep, eating out is fun and we did too! Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is so cute! So far,I'm still pulling mine back.Glad you had a good day.I really like East Coast Wings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your haircut, but I am a short hair person! Sounds like you had a good time out to eat with a friend, and your class at church with the new visitors went well. Hope the remainder of your week goes as you need it to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a haircut....and I get one today :) I enjoyed my visit with you and hope you have another good day today. Try to stay cool....oh this hot and humid weather we are having!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, I loved that cartoon too. But you know the mom has done all the prep and will be doing the serving and clean up. LOL. You have a nice hair cut. I like going to the salon which I have not done since I retired. LOL. I chop on my hair and let my daughter even it up. LOL Hoping was all have a beautiful fall season. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gaa, That is to say Hoping we all have a beautiful fall season. LOL, susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new hair cut looks really nice and oh so cooooool! It's always fun to eat out with good folks. Pogo and I ordered take out a couple days ago. It was too hot to cook and Pogo loves Chinese food. Especially the Pork Lo Mein. Me too! You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look cool and comfortable with the new haircut. i like low-key days and enjoy quite a few of them. Hey, we’re retired! ☺️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.