Thursday, September 13, 2018

THROWBACK THURSDAY



Hello everyone!  Fall is coming.  Even though it is near 80*F (27*C) today and we have the air conditioner going, fall is definitely in the air.  You can tell because the days are getting shorter.  I so don't like that.  I would rather have more sunshine in my life.  Not that there's that much sun today.  It's been raining off and on and it's very cloudy.  Apparently Hurricane Florence is pushing clouds up our way.  I'm still praying for all those in the hurricane's way.

I have another TV show from the 1950s that was one of my favorites.  How many of you remember these people?


Image result for ozzie and harriet show

I loved the show and literally watched the kids grow up on TV.  Little did we know how things would turn out for this family as we watched all of their goings on.  So did any of you watch it along with me?  Or see it in reruns?  Ah the good old days.

Thank you all for your prayers for Joe.  He is a little better, but still not 100%.  Please keep praying.  His stomach is still upset but his fever has broken.  He still has his headache and sore throat, so he has a way to go to be all better.  No Bible Study for him tonight.  We left a message at church for Pastor so he can lead the study.

I am going to get off of here and make dinner.  I want to make some homemade chicken soup.  I think it will help him.  There is just something about chicken soup that is healing.

Until later...

Kathy


12 comments:

  1. It's good to hear Joe is getting some better and you are right, the chicken soup has some kind of healing properties for sure. I have also noticed the days getting shorter.....booooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Glad to hear Joe is improving. Take care of that man. :):) I love the Nelsons. Had crushes on Rick , even though I was much younger. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken soup really is the best medicine! Hope he feels much better soon! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is just something about homemade chicken soup. It is so comforting. I know that Joe will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still praying for Joe. I did watch Ozzie and Harriet and also Father Knows Best...all of those old shows were good, weren't they...and Leave It To Beaver and Lassie! Ahhhh--those good old days.
    Hope you have a good weekend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still praying for your Joe. Glad he is a little better! Do keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed, the chicken soup! Hope Joe was able to enjoy it.
    That's a show we watched in reruns with our older kids when they were small. We had a little b&w tv back then :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with chicken soup being the best...and your loving care.Will continue to pray for him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too grew up with Ozzie and Harriet...how I miss that! Hope y'all feel better very soon! Warm hugs from Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing better then homemade Chicken soup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, we watched this program and others just like it. Those were the better days of TV. I'm so glad to hear that Joe is on the mend. That chicken soup should help a great deal. You be safe and have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is starting to feel a bit colder here in the UK but mostly its just cloudy and miserable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.