Saturday, June 30, 2018

BUTTERFLIES


Hello, friends.  Can you believe it is the end of June already?  The year is half over already.  But it is Summer!  And I am enjoying every minute.

Today was day 2 of our heat wave.  Temperatures got up to 98*F (37*C).  It is 11:00 p.m. and the temperature is 88*F (31*C).  This weather is predicted to last for at least the next 7 days and perhaps beyond that.

So it was with fear and trepidation that I ventured out to Rite Aid this afternoon.  When I got into the car the temperature was 106*F (41*C).  But I needed cards for two ladies in church whose birthdays are tomorrow (yes, the same day) and a few other things.  But of course I found something else.  In the 50% off section (all summer things) I found a string of solar lights in the shape of butterflies.  Now if you know me, you know I adore butterflies.  So I had to get them.

When I got home I took it out of the box, read the directions, put it together, and took it to the back yard.  I found a sunny spot to put the solar panel.  I wasn't sure the line would reach the top of the fence, but it did.  I was able to wind them around the top of the fence and leave them there for the evening.


Tonight I looked out of the kitchen window and saw a delightful sight.  The little butterflies were all glowing.


I went outside and took a couple of pictures of them.  They are so pretty.



When I get my next paycheck I will go and get another string of them to continue on down the fence.  I'm going to enjoy having these lights on a dark summer night.

Kathy


9 comments:

  1. Nice butterfly lights and glad you are enjoying them! Looking good my friend! I bought 3 new plants today with purple dollars off at Al's Garden center. Not had cannas before so will enjoy them. It was nearly 80 today and Friday..maybe tomorrow as well but cooler into 70s next week. It's late so I need to finish my tea and head for bed! Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never tried to grow wanna like although I love them. Wish we had your weather. Want to trade?

      Delete
    2. No, I'm fine with what we have. Outside for hours today and thankful for air conditioning in our house!

      Delete
  2. Love your butterfly lights!!!! A good find and hope you can get that second set soon. Happy July 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful butterflies! Never know what you'll find when you look.Hope you are able to get the second set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are beautiful and Kathy thats a lovely shot of you in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new butterfly lights look lovely. Don't wait too long to go back for the second set. Your hanging plants look wonderful. Only a couple of mine are dealing with these hot temps. The pansy plant is giving up I think. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those lights, Kathy, and think you should get a couple extra strands if you can in case one quits working at some point. Love it.
    We are in record breaking heat here- ugh! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to have those butterfly solar lights along your backyard fence!! Great find! It will cool off sooner or later so you can be out there in the evening and enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.