Tuesday, September 12, 2017

THIS AND THAT


Things continue on in my household.  Good days, bad days, and days where I just want to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head.

There is so much to do in my household.  My arthritis has been so bad lately that I find it very painful to walk.  This hinders me a lot.  So I have to find things to do sitting down.  And believe me there is PLENTY to do sitting down.

I finally ended up firing my cleaning lady.  I gave her another chance.  I was sitting right here with her and thought everything was going OK.  Saturday was trash day so I looked through the four bags she put together before I put them on the curb.  Good thing.  Besides a lot of trash which needed throwing out, she threw out clothing, CDs, empty notebooks that I had just bought, Christmas gifts that I had bought early and put away, books including my study guides to teach my Bible study and of all things an unopened box of tea bags.  Thank goodness the bags are individually wrapped in sealed plastic.  Everything stinks but I saved the good stuff.  I will deodorize everything.  I wrote and told her I couldn't afford her.  I can't!  So now I need to find another cleaning lady and someone to do my yard.  I have a lead on a couple of other cleaning ladies so I'm not worried about that.  And Sunday night Joe got a lead on someone to work on our yard.

On Friday night Joe was washing some of the dirty things I had brought in from the yard.  All of a sudden we heard a grinding noise and the house filled with smoke.  Our brand new washing machine is broken.  Joe unplugged everything and turned off the breaker so there wouldn't be a fire.  He called the place where we bought it and they sent out a repair person.  Thank goodness it is still under warranty.  The repairman came this morning.  It was a belt that was bad.  There was also a pillowcase caught in the rim of the tub which is probably what started everything.  We have learned our lesson to not overfill the tub.  So glad everything is back to normal.

I spent 6 hours today just picking up the floor in the living room.  I got a bag of trash and recycling to get rid of.  I still have more to go, but I am beginning to see progress and that is good!

This afternoon I have my second MRI brain scan.  They are making sure that the spot they saw on the first one is nothing more than a shadow.  Everyone is sure that is what it is, so I am not at all worried.  I just hate getting the MRI.  So if you think of me this afternoon, please pray for me.  Thank you.

I have to go get ready for my Bible Study.  Just another two months and we will break for the winter.  This year went quickly.  Hope to see you all tomorrow.

Kathy






6 comments:

  1. I admire your persistence. Glad you checked the bags! Sorry to hear about the washer.
    Great that a repairman could get there so quickly. I like the the ending you posted. There are so many things I love about fall! Have a sunny day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Kathy. I hope you do great. Whatever made the cleaning lady throw out new things?? She sounds like someone going thru hoarding houses...tossing everything. I hope your new lady understand what is cleaning.LOL. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. thank you so much for prayers, my g.daughter did fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, praying for you. Arthritis is rotten and the MRI is an inconvenience.

    Good heavens! Your cleaning lady is wild. Anyone can clean a house if everything gets tossed out! Hope you can find responsible help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers sent regarding the results of the MRI, a new cleaning person and yard workers. There is always something isnt there? You keep that sweet spirit and listen to the song on my blog today 'God sees the storm from the other side'...He really does, and he knows your outcome already. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that cleaning lady!! Hope your leads produce a decent cleaner!
    Hope all went well with the MRI.
    Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you checked those bags, and I hope MRI went well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.