Friday, September 22, 2017

FALLING IT UP FOR THE FALL


Here it is the first day of Fall already.  Joe and I celebrated by taking him to the V.A. Hospital for a doctor's appointment.  Doesn't that sound exciting?  He went with the doctor and I sat in the waiting room reading.  He was in his appointment for over an hour and I got so much of my book read.  All of a sudden I heard over the P.A. system, "Kathryn S....., please come to the lobby."  Huh?  I gathered up my things and went to the elevator and made my way to the lobby.  There was Joe waiting for me.  He had gone to the waiting room, looked in and didn't see me, so had me paged.  What am I going to do with him?

On the way home we stopped at Wawa and got turkey bowls for lunch.  Turkey bowls are one of the best things about Fall.  They are disposable bowls with potatoes and stuffing, topped with turkey slices and gravy and an optional dollop of cranberries on the side.  We always get the cranberries.  So good and cost only $5.  There is so much in them I have trouble finishing it all in one sitting.  While we were there I also got two pumpkin muffins for breakfast tomorrow.  That's another thing I like about Fall.  Their muffins are big and wonderful.  I will probably eat half tomorrow and half on Sunday.

I have slowly been decorating for the season.  It is no where near finished but I thought I would show you what I have so far.


This is sort of hard to see because it was taken in the dark.  The autumn bouquet is from Rite Aid and the candle is "Apples and Cinnamon" from Target's dollar spot.  I had no idea when I bought it how pretty the holder would be with the light shining through it.


I got these cute little window clings at Rite Aid in their dollar section.  Joe does not like these gel clings on the windows, so I put it on the cross bar of the front door.  He took a look at them there and said how much he liked them.  I think it's so pretty and adds just the right touch.  Here's a shot of the entire front door.
 


 I got this Fall Pumpkin wreath last year at Rite Aid.  I just love it.


I changed out the flowers in the pot by my front door.
 

The front door mat had bit the dust so I found this at Lowe's for $10.  It's so bright and cheerful.  I want to find one for each season and then switch them out.

As I said there is so much more to go.  I have a lot of Fall decorations.  I have to clean up so I can display them.

This is my favorite time of the year.  There are beautiful colors (I'm drawn to red, orange, yellow and rust) and the temperatures are still in the 80s and 90s.  I am so enjoying this.

Kathy

 


4 comments:

  1. You are blessed to have real seasons! We get just a precious few days of truly fall like weather here in Texas!
    Love all your pretty things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE fall! Your door is so cute. Thank you for reminding me about the turkey bowls. I also get the cranberries. what is turkey without them? Now just waiting for cooler temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! My blogging friends put me in the mood to get out a few things too. I don't have a lot of Fall decorations, but do have a few pumpkins and fallish things that I can put around the house. I just don't decorate like I used to. What you put out, you have to put away. Storage is limited here without a garage-catch all. Everything looks great and you did find some real bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, The turkey bowl sounded so good. I would love one. I love your peanuts cartoon. :):) You know how to tuck at my heart. Ted and I have a code name for if we ever have to page one another. LOL That way not everyone knows your business. LOL I loved all your decorations. Hope you and Joe had a great day. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.