Saturday, September 2, 2017

THE FIRST OF SEPTEMBER


I always enjoy celebrating the beginning of September.  September is my favorite month of the year.  It's part summer and part autumn, my two favorite seasons.  It is when kids go back to school and reminds me of new beginnings.  What a great time of year.

That morning I was up before the sun.  I watched it come up and just imagined all the wonderful hours before me and wondered just what would come about.



I took it easy because I was so tired.  But by 11:15 I was on my way to pick up Donna.  We were going to meet with Carol for lunch at Chick-Fil-A.

Carol was there when we showed up.  We had such a nice lunch just talking and laughing together.  At one point when we were almost finished the manager came over to us and asked how everything was.  We said it was good.  He then asked if he could remove our trays for us, refilled our drinks, and told us to just sit there as long as we wanted and talk.  We were obviously enjoying ourselves.  How nice!

In the afternoon I went and picked up Debbie and we headed for Cottman Beverages.  I had seen on facebook that they were hosting the Budweiser Clydesdale horses and we wanted to see them.  Actually it was just one horse named Ricco.  What a wonderful time!  I am going to do another post later this week about this.  It was so much fun seeing him.

Tonight Joe and I had our traditional September 1 dinner of spare ribs.  I made some corn on the cob and tri-colored rotini to go with it.  So good.


For dessert we had an apple pie that our neighbor made us.  Jill is such a sweet girl.  We helped her out of a mess the other day and she made us a pie to thank us.  I was so surprised.  It was good too.


It was a full day, but a good one.  I can tell this is going to be a good September.




14 comments:

  1. You did have a busy day yesterday, but a good one as well. I love the Charlie Brown cartoon at the end. Have a nice Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely day to start off September...
    I'm happy to know you are feeling better, and hope Joe is also.
    What wonderful meals you enjoy :)
    Have a lovely weekend !
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jo. We are both feeling some better. I always have spareribs on the the first of September.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, It sounds like a fun day for you. I would have loved seeing that horse. I love to see them on the commercials even. I love the peanuts pic and quote . You know I love peanuts...takes me back to when my girls were little. Blessings to you and Joe. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I will show you the horse in a few days. I have the post already written, ready to publish. They are BIG!

      Delete
  4. Chick-fil-A certainly does have great customer service. We only have one here in Lancaster and it's almost always full! Your supper looks delicious! What a neat tradition.
    Hope you are enjoying this holiday weekend....although it's quite a chilly start, isn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is chilly. And rainy. But it's supposed to clear up by Monday. I have never seen a Chick-fil-A in Lancaster. They need to build more there.

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely way to start a wonderful month. The pie looks delicious :)

    Happy Saturday to you, Kathy :)

    Summer

    ReplyDelete

  6. what a lovely beginning on this Cusp of Autumn! We celebrated with a long-planned September birthday picnic with our family here in town, at a beautiful park a few miles out from here. It was the coolest it's been this Summer, and so of course, I wished several times I'd planned it for the day before or after. We ladies all wore pink with sweaters for the first time since about April, and had a fabulous picnic all alone in a huge pavillion at the end of the day.

    We celebrated with all sorts of little sandwiches and dips and veggies and punch, and then we two Birthday Girls blew out the candles on our S'mores Daisy Cupcakes. What a lovely time, and as the two cars of us headed home, there was a break in the clouds, to reveal a gloriously PINK sunset. What a marvelous finish to a fun time.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner looks yummy! That's the good thing about the 'ber' months. Being in the kitchen,cooking up hearty stews,biscuits,all the comfort foods! Warm & toasty! Glad you girls had a great lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great start to September, Kathy, and I also welcome September as rthe start of great and cooler weather to come with the "er" ending months. Nice of your neighbor to bring dessert, and the dinner looked great too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.