Saturday, September 9, 2017

MOVIES OF THE WEEK


I don't know why, but for some reason I don't watch a lot of movies during the summer.  But come fall, I seem to want to hunker down with a cup of pumpkin spice tea, or hot chocolate, and a bowl of popcorn and immerse myself in a good story.  So this week I started watching some Hallmark movies.  Yes, I know they are sappy and probably a waste of time.  Except I am knitting through them so I am still productive.

August 30 I watched Recipe for Love (2014).  
 Image result
This was a rerun for me, but I still enjoyed it.  I like movies about chefs and food.  Hmm.... The movie starred Danielle Panabaker and Shawn Roberts.  A woman falls for a television chef while ghostwriting his cookbook.

On September 1 I saw Summer Villa (2016).  
Image result
This was another rerun for me.  I remembered how good it was and wanted to see it again.  The stars were Hilarie Burton, Victor Webster and Emorphia Margaritis.  A writer suffering from writers block and a chef recovering from a bad review share a French villa for the summer.  Yes, another chef movie.  Actually, I started getting the names confused with the previous movie while watching this.  O...K...

September 2 I saw Summer Love (2016) with Rachel Leigh Cook, Lucas Bryant and Travis Milne.   

When a widowed suburban mom, who’s recently gone back to school, takes an internship and enters the fast-paced tech world of millionaire “app-trepreneurs,” she discovers that although life seems to be a lot more digital, love needs to be a lot more real.  This was a new one for me.  Do you notice that I'm trying to watch "Summer" movies?  It is still summer you know.

Finally on September 3 I watched Sun, Sand and Romance (2017).  
Image result
This was another new one to me and very predictable.  But I still enjoyed it.  Kate and Eric head to Cancun for a vacation. Upon arrival, Eric leaves Kate to her own devices time and again to pursue an opportunity. Luckily, Shep, the resort's activities director, is more than willing to help fill her time with adventure.  It starred Tricia Heifer, Paul Campbell and Scott Elrod.

I've really enjoyed them.  Now back to real life. 

3 comments:

  1. I recorded some of these movies before I left home so it will be nic to watch a few when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Hallmark movies because they are decent, and I look forward to any new ones they produce. These, plus I am watching Netflix and a series called 'Land Girls', and really am enjoying it. Winter just seems like 'movie' time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Hallmark movies too. Yes they are sappy (and usually predictable) but what's wrong with that =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.