Sunday, September 17, 2017

THE ELEVENTH ANNIVERSARY


Yesterday Joe and I celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary.  How can it be that long ago that we took our vows?  I remember that day so well.  I was scared out of my mind.  I remember saying to my brother, "I can't do this."  And Henry replying, "If I could do it twice, you can do it once.  Get your butt down that aisle."  Ha, ha!  My hands were shaking and like ice.  But I did it.  Once the ceremony was over, I was fine.


Yesterday Joe went to a "Biblical Discipleship" seminar at church.  I am so tired so I stayed home.  I was going to get the house straightened up, but got only a few things done.  I am determined that this week will be the week things get done.  I did get some more fall decorating done and I will show that to you later this week.  I did take a nap though, so I'll blame my lack of work on that.

Joe surprised me by bringing home a single red rose.  That is a special thing between us.  I was so surprised and happy.


Last night we wanted to go out to dinner but couldn't decide where.  We finally ended up at one of our favorite places Hibachi Grill.  I ate so much -- much more than I should have.  But the food is so good.  I had sushi, sashimi,  a chicken stick, chicken wings, glass noodles, gyoza, a spring roll and, of course, a fortune cookie.  I think I rolled out of that place.
Image result for hibachi grill philadelphia

We are going to go to Lancaster in October to celebrate our anniversary.  It just didn't work out for this week.  And of course I will take you all along with me.

And now it is time for me to get myself ready for church.  We have a guest speaker today -- the speaker from yesterday.  Joe said he was excellent. 

Have a good day, everyone!

Kathy




10 comments:

  1. Kathy, Happy Anniversary to you and Joe. Your wedding photos are so pretty. It will be nice for you both to get away for celebrating. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Happy Anniversary. You are just glowing and Joe looks like a happy guy. I am so glad you walked down that aisle!! Have fun on your getaway..I should be back to blogging full time by then. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute couple! Happy Anniversary! 👰🏻🎩

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!! Your dress was beautiful and that tiara is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary!! Love your wedding pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 11th Anniversary to you and Joe! I've been decluttering the past two days. I need to stay ahead of it all. We had a good church service today and felt blessed. And we're in the rain mode all week. We really need especially in the gorge where there's been fires. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary!! You look so beautiful in your wedding gown and Joe is handsome!!
    Glad you will take us with you to Lancaster! Louis Dean and I are reading a book set there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! The photos are beautiful as is the bride & groom. May you have many more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary and may you have many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely couple! Such wonderful remembrances of your wedding day. I wish you happy happy and a hundred years more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.