Wednesday, September 20, 2017

PARTYING WITH PATTY


Isn't that the truth?  So before the summer left, my friend Carol and I went to a retirement party for our friend Patty whom we used to work with.  Patty was at my wedding.  And so were five others that were there:  Chris, Gail, Carol, Wil, and Marianne.  It was so good to see everyone again.  I was at a table with all retirees and we were all saying how good it was to have worked together but not be working now.  I thought you would like to see a few pictures from the party.  It was held in the meeting room of the Bushrod Library.  And yes, it is another of the many libraries I was sent to as a substitute when they needed help.


Miss Pat and me.

Patty and Marianne
 

Patty is so photogenic!
 

Wil and Chris.  I went to high school with Wil (and then ended up working with her) and Chris was my supervisor for 8 years.
 

A not so good picture of Cathy who put the party together.
 

Patty and Wil.
 

There was so much food!
 

My friend Carol.  You hear me speak of her often.
 

This is Allison.  She was the head librarian at the Fishtown Branch when I worked there.
 

The cake looked good, but I didn't have any.  It was half chocolate and half yellow.
 

This is Andrea.  I worked with her when she was a Children's Librarian.  Now she is an Administrator.  She read the letter from the City thanking Patty for her service over 36 years!
 

Another nice shot of Patty.  She's so pretty.
 

I don't know the name of the gentleman, but the lady is Mary.  I worked with her also.  They were representing the Union.  They read her a letter from DC33 and gave her a gift.
 

 Patty was almost in tears as she thanked everyone for coming and thanked mostly God for giving her the opportunity to work with all of us.


This was Patty's niece who said some very nice things about her.
 

Another library person that Patty worked with at the Donatuci Branch.
 

And finally Patty showing off the gold watch that the Union gave her.

I've been seeing Patty's posts on Facebook since she retired.  She's been going out to lunch a lot with various people and just loving not having to get up early and being able to do what she wants to do.  Retirement is great!

 




6 comments:

  1. Kathy, You know I loved the peanuts cartoon. :) So fun for you and your library friends to have a chance to celebrate another retirement. Blessings to each of you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement is fun....period! Looks like the party was a success for the nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree!! I love everything about the retired life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in! I love being retired though my husband says I'm the busiest retired person he knows! ha ha! The thing is it is done on my time,by my choice. That can make all the difference.She seems to be such a nice lady. Wish her well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Retirement sure is great!! Looks like it was a really nice party for your friend Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parties are always fun and retirement ones are great because now the party can really begin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.