Monday, September 25, 2017

HARVEST DAY


Ah, Fall!  But it's been way too hot to do any of these things.  Because it was so hot and sunny, though, we had a great Harvest Day on Sunday after church.  It was better than it has been in years.  

To make it even better, we had 6 kids in Sunday School for me to teach.  It is the most kids we have had in about four years.  God is so good!  I pray they will continue to attend.  Even though some of the girls were older, they knew nothing about God and the Bible.  We are going to have fun!  I began by teaching them a lesson on Creation.  Next week the lesson is on sin coming into the world.

After the worship service we moved outside to the yard to have our picnic.  I took lots of pictures to share with you.



















While we were out there a lot of military planes and helicopters were flying above us.  We kept looking up and pointing them out to each other.  This went on for about 45 minutes.  It must have been one of the Naval Air Stations doing practice runs, but it was sort of strange to watch it.  Since I had worked for the Navy for four years, I recognized the aircraft and knew it wasn't just passenger planes.

There were coloring pages, puzzles and crafts for the kids to do and they had so much fun.  Pastor gave them popsicles too which they all enjoyed.

By 4:00 p.m. it was all over and even though the kids didn't want to leave, I told them everyone had left and we were leaving too.  Now on to the rest of the Fall activities.

Kathy


7 comments:

  1. It was so much fun! The food was delicious. It was interesting talking with new people.
    Even 'entertainment' with the planes! Great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice day you had at church on Sunday. Looks like everyone was enjoying the fun and food, and so happy to hear you had children to teach, and I pray they all come again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, I am so happy your are teaching the children. It looks like it was a busy day. With fun in the mix. Along with good friends and food.Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellowship like that is always good for the soul! I hope the kids continue to attend Sunday School and that it grows from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day and so great to have nice weather to stay outside and enjoy your church family and friends. Love your pretty smile my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. we've had some cooler weather and now it's warm today and through to Thurs. Rain on Friday. I swept dried leaves off our sidewalk this evening after I got home from work and eating at Denny's. Megan watered plants as they've been dry a few days. I'm glad you had a good lunch at church. Phil and I will be teaching children Oct and Nov. Gearing up to buy all that's needed for activities. Happy night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos everyone looks like they are having a fabulous time. Thank you for sharing
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.