Tuesday, May 19, 2015

THE TUESDAY GARDEN

The new chairs on the patio.
Another day of vacation and I'm still just loving it.  Even though we aren't going anywhere I am having a ball!  So nice to be on MY timetable and not work's.

I picked up Debbie and we went to Bible Study this morning.  Our friend, Dottie, asked if I could take her to vote.  I drove and Debbie went in with her and helped her.  She said the people at the fire house where the voting booth was couldn't believe Dottie was 91 years old.  She does look and act good for her age.

After the study Debbie came back to my house and gave my hair a trim.  It was getting pretty long (halfway down my back) and I wanted it just a bit shorter.  So she cut off about four inches.  It's just slightly past my shoulders now and looks and feels so much better.

After Joe and I took Debbie home, we stopped and got hoagies for lunch and then went to vote ourselves.  I think this is only the second or third time we have voted together in the whole time we have been married.  Usually he goes while I am at work and I go at lunch time from work.  We got to meet the Republican candidate for mayor.  She seems really nice and if elected would be the first woman mayor Philadelphia has ever had.  I like the fact that she is Pro Life.  That's important to me.  But there are other things I wanted to know.  Our committeeman told us that she is having a town meeting in about six weeks so I am hoping to go to that and see where she stands on several issues.

I was able to get out in the yard yesterday and take some pictures for you.  It was the perfect day yesterday.  I had the windows open and the fresh air just blowing in.  Today it is hot and muggy.  Very humid.  So I am spending more time inside.  But still a lovely day.

So here are some pictures of the garden for you. For some reason when I downloaded them they got all out of order.  But enjoy anyway.













One of my new hanging baskets.

And here's the other one.

The fairy garden




I'm enjoying the garden so much.  And I love my new hanging baskets.  It really gives a pop of color to the yard.  More to come.

Hope you have a good day and a wonderful evening.

Kathy

8 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful...you definitely have a 'green thumb'. Thank you for sharing all of it. Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Your flowers are so pretty. I love your fairy garden things. Glad you voted. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy-Enjoy your time off. I am so happy that you are getting some time to rest and regroup. Glad you and hubby both voted. It is our "voice". Love your sweet pictures of your flowers. Your roses are gorgeous. Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are enjoying your stay-cation. I always enjoyed precious days off from work. Your roses are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been out of touch... glad you are on vacation.
    Your roses are BEAUTIFUL!

    (I need to go back and read your older posts to get caught up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was so much fun today! Love the new hairstyle. Glad I could help.The chairs look really good. Roses are so beautiful,but I am partial to the two colored ones,especially in the 'flame' colors. Enjoy spending time with Joe (& on your own). Build those memories.They are a most precious gift....
    Have a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flowers are so beautiful and I love the fairy garden. I'm glad you were able to enjoy some time off work... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your roses are lovely. I have one the color of the light yellow/pink one. I only have one bush that is good.Other one is very puny and I keep thinking of getting rid of it. We've had warm muggy weather a couple days. At least it's not cold any more. Take care and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.