Monday, May 11, 2015

A BUSY WEEKEND

And a productive one.  I got so much done on Saturday.  It's nice to have a day home from work and energy too!

I did a lot of wash and hung it out to dry.

Then I did some more.


And more and more.  Four loads worth.  And there's still plenty more to go.

I also cut the grass.  It needed it so badly.  My yard guy, Frank, was supposed to come over but of course he didn't show up.  That's par for the course.



So much better.  And I was glad I felt well enough to do it myself!

There was a huge bee crawling around the cut grass, but he didn't bother me.

 The hosta is looking wonderful.

These blue flowers are on some ivy.  I didn't know it got flowers.

Snowy, of course, had to get her pets.  She's such a good cat.

I had lots of dishes to do too.  It took two loads in the dishwasher to get them all done.

Boy was I tired.  I ended up skipping Saturday night church and going to bed at 9:00 p.m.  I NEVER go to bed that early.  And I slept right through to Sunday morning.

I went to church Sunday morning.  It was a really good service.

Sunday afternoon I usually take a nap but instead went food shopping with Debbie.  I needed to desperately.  I expected it to be about $150 and was very pleasantly surprised when it was MUCH less.  I got a lot of good sales so I guess that is what helped.

We also went to Rite Aid and I got three more of those pretty blue folding chairs for outside.  I will get a picture of them soon.  They look so nice.  But in the meantime here is our finished back wall of the house.  It makes things look amazingly better.  They even covered the underside of the gutter for us.

I made a great dinner last night -- grilled salmon, butter and herb mashed potatoes and the first of the season corn on the cob which was so sweet.

Today it was back to work.  It was a pretty good day.  I was busy so that made the day go by quickly.

And now I am going to get off of here so I can get my lesson ready to teach tomorrow morning.  We are still working on Daniel 7.  I broke it up into three parts because there is just too much to digest in one sitting.

But before I go here are some 8:30 p.m. photos for you.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Monday, May 11, 2015
 Have a good evening, everyone!

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Okay! Is this the very FIRST time I have heard your voice? I loved hearing YOU!!!
    Great post! You are like my Amber! She stacks her dishes up and then fills the dishwasher again and again!
    Works for her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing quite a bit of laundry as well. Never ends and there's three of us here. We have had some nice weather the last few days. Then today we woke up to heavy clouds. It did rain this evening while on our walk but it was a gentle rain. I am playing catch up for being busy the past three days. But it is good. At least I'm not bored! Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been a busy bee (ha ha!)! I know it's great when you can hang clothes outside in the fresh air.Love
    the sunsets,especially with the reds & colors. Wow! Guest appearance by Miss Snowy! How cute is she?
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday was laundry day for me, too. I only wish I could hang clothes on the line to dry. Nothing beats the smell of laundry that was dried in fresh air. Your yard looks really good and I liked the night time pics.

    I hope you have a lovely week...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have certainly been the busy bee! That is a lot of work for one day. At my age, it would take me a week to cover it all. Loved the pretty pictures of your yard and the sky. Hope your Tuesday is a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy,
    Wow... You have been sure keeping busy..
    I love the clothes on the line.. takes me back to when my mom did that. I bet they smell so fresh this way..
    your plants look so neat love the hosta is so pretty wish I could grow that here..
    Love the sky pictures.. Went through a rough storm last night lots of rain and lightning..
    glad it cleared up..
    HUGS Kathy..
    Xo Marissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.